Days Before (50)

•Graphic imagery~gore
•Make up sex

~Time Skip 1476~

Vlad woke to Ylva sitting in the bedroom window with her head resting on her knee. He rose from their bed and walked softly over to her. The woman was so lost in thought, even as a vampire, she didn't even hear him. The young woman jumped slightly.

"Draga mea, you are jumpy and distant as of late. Do you have reservations about our marriage?"

"I dream of predictions at night and see omens in the day. Neither are good in fortune," Ylva continued to look out the window, not really the kind of window for looking out.

Vlad turned her face with his fingers so he could see her eyes then placed a light kiss on her lips. "What does the dream show?"

"An unknown promise by another brings death," she said.

"Hmm, and the omens?"

"Flocks of ravens and crows but no source of food or battlefield. It is a sign from Morrigan, the Celtic goddess of war and death. I have seen a woman washing blood out of clothes in the river three times. She wails a death keening."

"Úlfhéðnar, that is not Romanian and crows are not omens. The owl is the "death bird" for us but it is a superstition only."

"When I woke from the nightmare, three nights now, I have heard an owl call three times then it flew away," Ylva replied.

"Where are you getting this superstitious nonsense?" Vad asked with raised eyebrows.

The Vikings teach not to fear death. According to Volsunga Saga, "Fear not death for the hour of your doom is set and none may escape it." She said further.  "I was adopted by a Viking village but also lived with the Picts in Scotland and various tribes in Scotland. I have seen a Bean Sithe on many occasions."

"So what is your Banshee wailing about that has you so on edge?" Vlad chuckled.

"I am not sure she is a Bean Sithe but a female relative of you, your mother to be exact. She speaks Romaniam not Gaelic. She begs me to keep someone safe...pisoias. (little male cat)"

"Draga mea, I do not who has put you up to this or knew that little bit of knowledge, but it is no longer amusing..." The Impaler said.

"Nor do I, but you think I am doing this as a joke or am lying, about what I have seen? I have seen things your mind couldn't begin to fathom, so do not call me a liar!" Ylva yelled at him.

The young woman jumped down from the window then pushed past Viovode. Vlad grabbed her left arm, only to have it yanked from his hand and her face him, to hiss with an open mouth. Ylva walked to the door with clothes in hand and slammed the door shut.

The Prince furrowed his eyebrows. She shouldn't have been able to pull out of his grip, but it was like pulling away from a child and he was the child. His attention was drawn away by noise, in the courtyard, to men yelling and the sound of a horse on cobblestones galloping.

"Fucking hell!" Vlad cursed.

The enemy is possibly near and the fool hardy girl has decided to be stupid. He sighed and thought that she should sweat it out, a bit before he came out. The Prince then was waylaid, with courtly matters and he looked up to see the sky, it was dark now and he was being told dinner was ready.

"Send Lady Ylva in please."

"I...don't know where she is. No one knows. She hasn't returned my prince..." the scullery maid said in fear for her life.

"Where the fuck is my Captain?! Why was I not informed Ylva had not returned!" he bellowed.

Vlad stormed to the hallway yelling at the top of his lungs. "She had better be found alive or I will be impaling, to make examples of what happens to people who didn't protect my future wife!"