Chapter 11

2 months later

Eversince Jon left and not longer exist in mum's life, every little pieces in my life became a picture perfect of completed puzzle and the bond we build, it gets even more stronger. I never hate mum after she divorced with dad. "Daniel, is he coming today?"Mum asked. "I did gave him the invitation card but, maybe he's busy and didn't make it."

I was hoping he's here with us. Mum sold the company last month to her friend. She agreed to rebuild the company. But, in exchanged, I'm going to work there. It's hard being jobless but it's quite fun to me as I've nothing to worry. It's a weird deal. I know this is cliché, but, a deal is deal.

Well, things between me and Daniel got kinda complicated. I wish things would be so much simpler. We did went on dates but, still not in a relationship. Honey? Actually, she lowkey likes Daniel. She keeps asking me bout Daniel. As soon as I told her bout us casually going out, she became quiet. She's bad at acting it but still keeps being in denial.  Daniel thought she was just joking around. Little did he knows, she's dead serious bout it. I've been trying to tell him and maybe, it's better if we just stop seeing each other. But, I can't just do that, as if he doesn't have feelings. He always has his own way to make sure I still go on a date with him without me, politely let him down.

"There's an hour left before the even starts. Where are you, Honey??" I texted her and she replies within a second. "So, now, you're a fast replier, huh?"

Honey : hey, we're on our way ;)

You : We? Who?

Honey : Daniel baby is here. I need to drag him out of his house. He refuse to go but thanks to my specialty of making him laugh.

You : Good. See ya then :)

"Callie?" Mum said. "Yea?" I said, still focusing on my phone screen. "Cal, they're here. Your favorite other two person..."

"Hmm?? Mum...." I looked up and see Stefan and Stella. "Hey, you two!!" I yelped, excitedly. "Aww, come on here, big baby. Give your sister from another mother a hug." Stella said. Stella and Stefan, they're Aunt Rosa's daughter and son. But after they moved to Chicago, I kinda lost contact with them. "Aww, Stella..." I hugged her. She pats on my back. "Are you still single? Stefan too."

"Can you not, Stel?" I can hear Stefan's chuckle from behind. "I can. I can arrange a date for you and him. Stef, you're okay with it, right? Even if you say no, I don't accept a no from you or Stef." His lips curled into a smile.

After all these years, when Stefan smiles, it makes my heart melt just like the first time I had a crush on him. But, we had a bad timing. I started to realise the feeling is real, not long after he's got his first girlfriend. But, he already finds his happiness that time and I don't want ruin what they had even if I wanted to be her, so damn bad. "Oh, yea, sure. But, Stel, I'm sure she's off market. I don't want to rush into a new relationship... "

"One date won't hurt, right?" Stella added. "Hey, Callie." Honey waved at me. Daniel and Honey enter the ballroom with their arms lock. "Hey! Here!! So, guys, meet, Daniel and Honey. And, these are my old friends, Stefan and Stella."

"So, we are not missing out, right?" Daniel asked. "Yea, you're here for  food. Don't give me that confused look...." He gently punched me on the shoulder. "You read me like a book, C. I'm impressed."

I can feel Honey's eyes on me. She startled but, smile at me as soon as she realised that I was looking at her back. "Hey, so, you're infamous Daniel??" Stella asked. She place her finger on mouth when I'm bout to say something. "Yes, why?" He said, calmly. "Nothing, I just want to talk to you. I'm sure you'd be happy to make some new friends."

"Yea, sure, Stella-

"Stella Serra Santos." She said confidently. "Whoa, triple S you've got there?" She laughed and pushed me lightly. I try to get back to my usual posture. "I almost fell off the chair,Stel."