Chapter 14

"Stef? Why are you here??"

"Actually, everyone here, just left because of Daniel. He just caused a scene, mum almost got killed by him, Callie. As you know, all of the meetings for today are cancel and, it's better if you start working from home. But, if you still want to do your work here, inform us, me and Stella." I nodded. "Thanks." He shut the door.

After he decided to his way, this kinda out of the control. He almost kill the inoccent people. There is no other way and I've to make sure he's not going to win,not this time. "Daniel, everything is going to be over. The table have turned, you better save yourself, boy."

"Stel, Stef, I'm heading out to meet a friend."

"Oh okay, stay safe." Stella said. They waved at me and I said goodbye to them. I was holding, every evidences that I've gathered to prove that Daniel's dad is guilty. He turned his back, betrayed me in a way I never thought he would, really breaks my heart. I'm so done with him. It's his turns to suffer. "Miss, can I help you??"

"Oh yes, Officer Camille right? I'm here for my father's case, Troy Hill..."

"I'll be handling this case from now on, miss and this is my partner, Harry. I know this is not my place to ask, but are you sure you're going to be okay? It involves your family member and-

"My mum will be here later." I try to reassured her. "Okay, we need to wait for her then." I keep glancing at my watch. I start to have a bad feeling but the thing with mum is, she always, at least text me if she's late.  "Miss, if your mum isn't here, will you be fine on your own?"

"Yes, totally."

I gave her the audio that I recorded a few days ago. "Drew Bryan? That man is his dad, right?" Harry said, he sounds confused with what he just said. "Yes, you finally figured it out. Miss, we've been searching for him after he escaped from the jail.... We did tried to ask his son but he doesn't want to tell us."

"Why didn't you guys found him yet? I mean, it's been more than 1 month. He could bring harm to people! He's a criminal, officer... Now, it starts to worry me when mum didn't came here." I said to her. "We're trying our best here, miss. I hope you understand. Officer Harry will be going with you. Just incase, something happened at your mum's condo."

Officer Harry takes the car keys. "You want me to drive?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm kinda under pressure. I'm afraid that I'm going break the law." I told him, as he gets into the car. "Miss, I'm Kevin's friend. He has been telling me about you lately. I just, wondering why you're against Daniel? Aren't you guys were together?"

"Harry, let me tell you, mind your own business. I can see you want to start prying but, don't ever think I'm going to just let you know like that as if you're someone that I could trust. I rather not tell anyone the real reason behind this. We both know, he did  involved with this. He shouldn't just live on the earth like he has done nothing wrong... He should've taste his own poison but guess I'm too dumb to figure the shit out, Harry. Don't you think so?"

He nod."Yea, miss. But, it's so weird to see this kinda tension exist between you and him. I saw you two, being intimately close during the funeral. I'm sorry for being nosy."

"It's okay."