Chapter 20

"My what? Help? What am I?? Your guardian angel??"

"This man, claim he's Daniel's dad... Please, just come over here. I feel like a hostage right now. He tied, literally all of us, Stel and mum. Callie, please... My pony is no help."

"I know this is dumbest thing I ever done but I'm coming." I manage to send the location to Harry. I just hope the don't switch on the sirens or else he's going to run away again. "Troy daughter?" I nodded. He's holding a knife. I scan over his face, his got scar on his left eyebrows. If he's escaped from jail, why would he told Stef he's Daniel's dad?? "Yes. That's me."

"Back to business dear, so, no police invovle?" I nodded. "I came here for good. I've no intention to kill you or these people though you're the one who's behind my son's death. I just want you to come with me. That's it.... What bout we leave now and stop wasting the time?" I nod twice. "Callie, you're fucking insane." I can hear Stella's voice but, I don't just come here without a plan. Does she really thinks I'm going to do something recklessly? "Is there anyone home?"

"Do you expecting-

"Mr Martin." Harry bursts through the door. Camille quickly get into action by handcuffing him before he starts using his knife as the weapon. "Isn't his name brya-

"Yes, he's got tons of name and now, busted. But, I bet his mind tryna figure out what's his name going to be. Come on, mister."

"Thank you." I said. Harry only gives me a little smile. "Miss. Can I talk to you??" Camille asked."Sure, let's go to somewhere private."

"Actually, miss, we're still investigating the case... But, it could be a suicide since we found a gun with his fingerprint on it. I just, I know I'm not suppose to ask you without having a proof but, this is the only time I'm going to ask you miss. Are you really innocent? If you're not, you still got time, miss." I panicked. She's being real direct and makes me feel like I want to leave this town immediately."Totally innocent."

"Okay. So, miss, I've to get going."

"If there's any update, let me know..."

"Yeah, we will, miss."

I don't know how long this secret going to stay hidden from everyone. It's true when you're raised as that literally naive girl who's only minding her business and tryna reach people's expectations, somehow found yourself left in the dark. Who knows a girl like me would killed a person and starts being a liar? I just commited a fucking crime. "Are you okay??"

I startle to Stef's voice. I know he's trying to look out for me but, my mind starts to overthink bout it. "Yea, I am. I think, I should go." He grab my hand. "Don't. My mum wants you to join us for dinner..."

"Stef. You know I can't say no to food."

"Let's get in, it's getting colder out here..." It feels so good to have this kinda moment again with them. "Stef, where is your girlfriend?" That typical mum's question. "We, we broke up last week...." I wonder what that pony just did. "Seriously? Ha, told you, idiot." Stella sips the red wine, with one of her eyebrows raised.

"I just, I thought she's not like those other girls. This may sounds cliché but she's nice. But, she just, I don't know why she'd cheated on me...."

"She's toying you, Stef. I've told you, million times, she's going to end this shitty relationship of yours... She left you, with your heart broken and what did you do? Nothing. You're so damn weak, Stef. She won and you lose, just like that. Go out, have fun and move on." Stella added. Judging by his expression, I know he's disappointed yet sad but also mad at what just happened. "Stel, shut up."

"What? I'm right, Stef. Just admit it."

He gets up from the chair. "STELLA! STOP IT, OKAY?! MY FIRST RELATIONSHIP GOT RUINED BECAUSE YOU SAID I'M BETTER OFF WITH CALLIE. AFTER I GOT OUT OF THE RELATIONSHIP, A GIRL CAME AND YOU, YOU ALWAYS JUDGE A GIRL THAT'S WITH ME. WHAT'S T
WRONG WITH YOU?!" I didn't see this coming but oh well, Stefan seems like he's losing his shit.

"STEFAN! I WANT YOU TO HAVE SOMEONE WHO'S SINCERE EMOUGH, NOT JUST SOME GOLD DIGGER! WHY CAN'T YOU-

"Gold digger? Stel, if I've got a girlfriend, of course I'd spoiled her... It's obvious you want me to be with Callie. But, too bad, she rejected me and maybe, you're wrong the whole time, Stella. Who the fuck wants to be a murderer? She acts so damn naive and look what she just did? She fucking kill a person.... Stella, why do you still wants to cover the mess she made?"

I know Aunt Rosa is actually looking at me. I only keep my head down, while trying my best to hold my tears.
"Thanks for the dinner. I'm leaving..." I said. I have no energy left and after what happened, the fact that I've to stay at the hospital makes me feel tired.