Judgement Day - Qibli

They didn't know. Every soul in Pyrrhia.

They didn't know what was going on. They didn't know why their towns were being attacked. The queens didn't know of the threat to their reigns. The NightWings didn't know of the preemptive mobilization of the IceWing forces, gathering in the mountains around the Academy.

Everything started from the moment they left for the kingdom. And the only ones that knew why it was happening was the misshapen group of dragonets somehow destined to stop it...together.

Thanks to their Immortal captors oversharing sensitive information while handling their prisoners, Qibli knew all of this.

Winter decided to lone wolf instead of travel with a group. He ended up learning a lot of information that benefited everyone, but at the cost of being captured...first.

And, according to Winter, their enemies' interrogation tactics are really effective. Hence why they're held captive in a fortified subterranean confinement station instead of laughing having a good time.

The information was leaked from the guards transporting the group to the temporary holding area, when they were unconscious. Unfortunately, it appeared Moon wasn't awake when the conversations took place. That was fine, as the others had woken up before they arrived.

Qibli was shocked and in awe at the abilities of Darkstalker and the Immortals. Sure, only a fraction of their spoils came from anything non-magical. But the notion that they even have the mental ability to communicate and collaborate was well above Qibli's standards for them.

"Hey, at least we're with Turtle," Qibli attempted to reassure his friends in the present. "We failed successfully somehow."

"Love family reunions," Winter muttered.

This was where they were brought to Turtle. They were kept in a large, square room dug out of a series of tunnels (who knew these dragons were such mole rats?). One wall was partly open, creating a makeshift doorway. However, a pool of water with a palish-yellow substance took up the floor of the doorway. It seemed the only way to access the room was through a short drawbridge mechanism...from the other side of the liquid.

It also didn't help that it felt like they were being boiled alive. The desert may be hot too, but at least it's relaxing to bathe in the sun's heat.

Hey look, I'm turning into a RainWing.

The dragonets themselves weren't doing that much better, but the Jade Winglet was reunited at least. (Un)fortunately, Deathbringer was their only plus-one with them. The status of the others was unknown for the moment.

Along the way to their location, Qibli experienced more flares of pain all over his body, and now a constant irritation took hold in his legs.

It was too much to ignore now, but Qibli was determined to put his friends before himself.

Their wings were bound to their sides, preventing any escape out of the room and weighing their progress down if they did. Both their front and rear limbs were bound, too.

Guess we're all Turtles now.

Upon the reunion, Kinkajou barreled into Turtle and didn't let go for nearly a minute. Qibli figures she must've thought he was in more danger than the others did.

They were all alone for the meantime; the guards left as soon as they were dropped off. At least this time they were conscious the way there, although Qibli's mind was too free to focus on the route they took.

Now, they're just one big group stuck together with no way out. What could possibly go wrong?

"Before anyone asks," Turtle began after everyone had their little moment with him. "Yes, Darkstalker somehow is countering my animus magic. I can't seem to do anything at this point."