A New Enemy/A worried king

The next afternoon, Sabrina was above the pass on a trail hiding. She was waiting for Makucha, Ora, and Chullun to make their next move. Lucky for her, they just arrived. Her plan was to sneak past the Night Pride and get into the Tree of Life while they were distracted fighting Makucha's army. But little did she know, not everyone was gonna show up to the fight.

Inside the Tree, Ullu flew in hooting. "Queen Rani!" She said. "Yes, Ullu?" Rani said lifting her head from her resting rock. "Makucha, Chullun, and Ora are almost all the way through the mountain pass." Ullu explained. "Where's the Night Pride?" Rani asked. "I haven't told them yet. I can't find them." Ullu said. "OK, come on, Kion," Rani said, about to get up. "Woah, whoa, whoa! You're pregnant! What if you have your cubs while we're in battle?! Huh?! What if?!?" Kion freaked. Rani raised her eyebrow. "Kion, I'm fine. The cub or cubs isn't due for months." Rani said, about to get up again. But then Kion pushed her down again. "Kion!" Rani snapped. "I'm not letting you get hurt or sick before you give birth," Kion said. Rani rolled her eyes and then Ullu flew back inside the Tree and said, "I found the Night Pride. Come on!" "Kion, my belly isn't even big enough for the cubs to give a sign. Trust me, if it was, Baliyo would say something. So come on!" Rani said running out of the Tree. Kion groaned and ran after Rani. "Pleaseee stay here just until the fight is over." Kion said after he blocked her path. Rani knew she wasn't gonna talk her way out of it so she just accepted it and said, "Fine. Just THIS time."

"Where have you guys been?" Baliyo asked confused as he looked at Kion. "What? Where have you been? Ullu said she couldn't find you." Kion said looking at Baliyo. "Uh, where's Rani?" Baliyo asked looking behind Kion. "She's staying at the Tree." Kion answered. "Rani? Stay at the Tree while bad guys are attacking? That... doesn't sound like Rani at all... but whatever." Baliyo said just rolling with it. "K, while they're distracted, I can sneak in," Sabrina whispered to herself as she crawled out of the pass.

Inside the Tree, Rani was feeling fine. And then she felt a kick. Her ears perked up. "Woah, heh. I thought I wasn't suppose to feel anything until two or three months before you're ready to be born." Rani said to her cub or cubs. Just then, Makini walked in. "Hi, Rani," Makini smiled. "Oh, hello, Makini." Rani said moving her tail back and forth. "Look at you. The queen. The blue mark on your head. Married. And now pregnant." Makini said happily. Rani smiled nervously with a chuckle and said, "Well, being a queen with a king is a lot easier than just being a queen." "Yeah, so how many cubs do you hope to have?" Makini asked setting her staff down. "Kion and I are hoping for two." Rani answered. "Mind if I ask you some questions?" Makini asked. "Lay it on me," Rani said as she was still laying down on her resting rock. "What gender do you want?" Makini asked. "Boy and girl," Rani answered. "Personality?" Makini asked again. "The boy's personality: Calm, sensitive, caring, and playful. The girl's personality: Energetic, hopeful, cheerful, loyal, stubborn, and brave." Rani answered again. "How many months, years, days, or weeks apart?" Makini asked again. "The girl just three minutes younger. But not twins." Rani answered again. "And the most important question... names?" Makini asked once more. Rani was silent for a minute. "Actually... Kion and I haven't decided any names yet. We thought it would be easier if we saw the cubs or cub before we name it. If we see it, we can see what kind of name it looks like." Rani explained. "Ohh, that DOES make sense." Makini smiled. "Well that was a fun game." Rani said. Makini giggled. "But even if they or it doesn't turn out the way Kion and I wanted, we'll love them or it either way." Rani added. Then she and Makini heard growling and banging sounds outside. "What was that?" Makini wondered. "I don't know," Rani said with a neutral as she got up and ran through the Tree of Life to get outside. 

There Sabrina was attacking animals outside of the Tree of Life. "Hey! Who are you and what are you-?" Rani started and then saw Sabrina attacking the animals of the Tree of Life. She gasped and then pounced on her pinning her to the ground. "Hey! Let go of me!" Sabrina snarled. "No. Who are you?!" Rani said impatiently growling. "I was just-" Sabrina started and then Makini came out of the Tree and said panting, "Rani... I... don't know how... you... find your way around this Tree- AHH!!" Makini screamed because she saw the leopard. "Makini, get back in the Tree!" Rani said, then Sabrina threw her off of her and caused her to knock into a tree. Rani groaned from hitting into the tree and then got back up, got in fighting position, and growled.

"And stay out!" Kion yelled. Makucha, Ora, and Chullun ran away. "OK, everyone, let's go back to the Tree of Life," Kion said walking back to the Tree.

Rani headbutted Sabrina and knocked her down. "Get out!!" Rani yelled as she used her hind legs and kicked Sabrina causing the leopard to tumble down a small hill. Sabrina got up and saw the queen standing over her. Sabrina sighed and accepted that she lost the fight. But she wasn't going to give up that easily. Sabrina said, "Fine, I'll go for now. But mark my words. The next fight... won't be so easy." "For you," Rani snapped using Sabrina's words against her. Sabrina ran away just before the Night Pride appeared. "Hey, sis, why you look all tired out?" Baliyo asked. "Ugh. You guys JUST missed the battle." Rani said. "Battle? What battle?" Anga asked. "A strange leopard was attacking some animals." Rani said. "Strange" leopard?" Kion wondered. "Yeah," Rani said. "How strange?" Fuli asked. "Who cares how strange?! We missed the fight!" Bunga said bummed out. Fuli rolled her eyes. "Are you okay, Rani?" Kion asked walking over to her. "Yeah, I'm fine. But I'm gonna get some rest." Rani said smiling as she walked back to the resting rock. Then she remembered Makini. "Oh, and can somebody tell Makini it's safe now?" Rani asked. Then Makini popped out of nowhere. "The bad guy is gone? Few, good." She said coming out of her hiding spot. Then Rani said, "More like bad girl..."

Shadow was nearby, just in the front of the pass. "I'll let them all meet their new king tomorrow. When the cub shower celebration is." He said planning his arrival.

By the way guys, "cub shower" is just another word for baby shower.