The journey Pt. 9

"Do you think she even cares that we're not with her?" Bunga asked fiddling with a twig. Kion sighed and said, "I don't know..." "Guys, she's just excited to finally meet her brother." Beshte said. "I'm with Beshte on this. She's just excited. But it would be nice to get back to the Tree of Life soon." Rani said. "Yep, and I'd REALLY like to see my brothers and sisters soon." Nuru said. "I'm sure Fuli will soon realize both of your problems and leave with us soon." Kion said, sarcastically, looking at both of them with an annoyed expression. Besides, how long could she possibly keep us waiting?" Rani asked smiling.

8 hours later in the same place

"How long does it take to hang out?!?!?" Kion yelled. Rani started crying of boredom. "I'm right with ya there, Rani." Bunga said. "Well, at this rate, we'll get to the Temple of Light in three days." Nuru said. "Three days?!?! No! I can't wake up early for three more days!!" Kion panicked as he ran looking for Fuli.

"So, Fuli, what do you think of your little brother?" Tokiyo asked. "I... love him. He's so perfect." Fuli said. Tokiyo smiled at her. "It's a shame that I have to leave." Fuli said looking down sadly, lowering her ears. Tokiyo looked down sadly. He then said, "maybe you don't. What if you stayed here?" "Tokiyo, I'd love to stay here with you. But I can't. My friends need me, and we have to save the Tree of Life." Fuli said, looking at him with a slight smile of understanding. Tokiyo looked down and said, "Oh. I-I understand. Well... it was... it was nice seeing you again, sis." "Yeah, y-you, too, Tokiyo." Fuli said hugging Tokiya. Tokiya hugged back and slightly shed tears. Fuli felt them drop on her fur. "You know what, I'll think about it." Fuli said. Tokiya wiped his eyes and said, "R-really?" Fuli nodded and said, "Really,"

"Oh, there you are, Fuli. What happened to you?" Kion asked. "I got caught up in some, uh... stuff." Fuli answered. "So, what was so important that you had to keep us here for EIGHT HOURS?!" Ono asked madly. Fuli sighed and said, "Tokiyo wants me to stay here," "And you said no, right?" Anga assumed but it was more of a question. "More like "I'll think about it"." Fuli said looking down. "FULI! Are you forgetting we have a home to save?!?" Rani scolded. "Well I'm sorry but the Tree of Life isn't exactly MY home. I just followed Kion because he's my leader." Fuli snapped. Rani had a surprised look on her face. "Besides, if I leave the same thing will happen to Azizi if he was born and I wasn't here. He wouldn't even know he had a sister." Fuli said. "Are you staying or are you leaving?" Kion asked quickly. Everyone looked at him surprised. "Are you making me choose?" Fuli asked surprised. "You would've chosen anyway. The Tree of Life is in danger and by the time we leave if it's with you all the animals will be dead. So... yes. I am." Kion said. Fuli's ears dropped. Kion's mark along with the rest of the Night Pride's was fading away. That's what happened when the Night Pride didn't do their job which was protecting the Tree of Life. Kion noticed his and everyone's mark and said, "We have to go NOW. With or without you, Fuli." "I guess... it's without." Fuli said looking him straight in the eyes. The Night Pride gave a sad look but they left anyway, leaving Fuli behind. Fuli wasn't sure of her decision but she knew it was a family or friend decision and she picked family.

On the way to the Temple of Light

"Are you sure you don't want to go back and get her?" Nuru asked looking back at Kion. Kion hesitated for a moment then said, "She made her choice. There's nothing we can do about that." Azaad looked down sadly. "I can't believe you're just letting her go..." Azaad said. "Didn't you hear me?!? She made her choice!" Kion snapped. Azaad looked down sadly again, lowering his ears. The rest of the Night Pride stayed silent.

Well that's it for now, guys! By the way, Azizi is the newborn cheetah cub. (: