The Party Crasher Pt. 2

Everything was silent. Until... "Shadow! What do you want?" Rani yelled. Shadow jumped of the rock he was standing on and walked over to her. "DON'T move!" Rani ordered. Shadow rolled his eyes and stopped walking. "Answer me! What do you want!?" Rani yelled again. "Your throne of course. And your royalty." Shadow answered. Rani snarled as she said, "Come and get it," Shadow growled. The Night Pride got up and stood on the sides of her along with Kion. "Um, I'm confused. Who's "Shadow"? Kion asked. "He's the lion that killed my parents." Rani answered without looking at Kion. Kion gasped. "Yes. I am, aren't I? In fact, if it weren't for me, your mommy and daddy would still be alive." Shadow said. Rani snarled again. "I'm an amazing villain." Shadow smiled. Rani just kept growling. "Now I tell you again; I want. Your throne." Shadow said. Then Rani said, "And I tell you again; Come. And. Get it." Shadow snarled and then unleashed spikes and trapped an animal by throwing them around it. "NO!" Rani said as she was about to attack Shadow. "Sis, stop!" Baliyo yelled. Shadow made the shadows go around animal's feet, paws, claws, and other things and got them stuck in black goo. Heng Heng struggled to get free. Rani backed up and went back over to the Night Pride. "What do we do?" Makini asked. "I-I don't know. But we can't just let him attack everyone." Rani said.

Six hours later, after the Night Pride used all the techniques they could and knew, even the ones they didn't practice, they were on the ground panting. "Now what?" Surak asked out of breath. "I don't know. He's stronger than I remember." Rani answered getting up. "Well we better come up with an idea soon." Fuli said. "Come on, I don't know where he is but maybe I can find a way to get rid of him. Makini might know." Rani said. "Makini? And if she can't find out how?" Fuli wondered. "Then we'll go get Rafiki," Rani said walking to the Tree of Life. Then she said, "Baliyo, Surak, Nirmala, get everyone sheltered." "You got, sis," Baliyo said. "Of course," Surak said.

Rani ran through the Tree of Life, trying to find Makini. "Makini-" Rani started then saw Makini locked up in a spike cage. "Makini!" She yelled, worried for her friend. Rani was about to touch the spikes. "Wait! Rani, don't-" Makini said trying to warn her but Rani already touched the cage. The cage threw spikes at Rani, trying to make a spike cage around her. Rani put her ears down. Kion pushed Rani out of the way then sheltered her by putting his body on her's, his front paws in front of her chest, and his back paws behind her legs. Their tails were tied together. Rani opened her eyes and saw Kion's paws. Kion blushed and said, "Heh, you okay?" "Yeah, fine," Rani said trying to get up. They got stuck together for a minute then they fell down because their tails were tied together. "Oh, boy. OK, just... go left." Rani said. "Move back a bit." Kion said. Beshte laughed and then untied their tails. "Thanks," Rani and Kion said. "Umm, guys, still trapped in here, remember?" Makini said. "Oh, sorry, Makini. I can't get you out. Kion, maybe you can use your Roar and bust the cage open." Rani suggested. "I might hurt Makini." Kion said. "Kion, I'm fine. You need to find a way to stop Shadow." Makini said. "Hey, guys, I found something. "The Roar of Light"." Bunga said.

As the Night Pride read about the Roar of Light on the paintings, Rani said, "So the Roar of Light is in the Temple of Light." "Ha, that's pretty predictable." Bunga said. "But the Temple of Light is soooo far away." Kion said. "You know me. I'm always up for an adventure!" Fuli said. "Well, looks like we're headed for the Temple of Light." Beshte said. Rani nodded. "Great, when are we leaving?" Azaad asked standing by the entrance of the Tree of Life. "Azaad, I don't think you coming is a good idea." Fuli said walking over to him. "Why not?" He asked. "It could be really dangerous." Fuli answered. "Pfft, Azaad laughs in the face of danger." Azaad argued. "Not the time for humor. Look, I know you wanna come along but it's too dangerous. I don't want you to get hurt." Fuli said. Bunga whispered to Beshte and said, "Of course you don't," Azaad put his ears down sadly. Kion walked over to Azaad and said, "Fuli's right. We don't know what we might find. And you might be brave, but you're still my subject and I have to make sure you stay safe." Azaad sighed and said, "OK," inside Fuli's head she felt bad. But she didn't want Azaad to get hurt. "OK. Looks like we're leaving tomorrow." Rani said.