The journey Pt. 3

Baby Bunga was playing in the grass when the Night Pride found him. Rani hid behind a tree and said, "OK, Fuli, you're gonna sneak up on Bunga and grab him. Ono, you are gonna feed him the fruit. And then we'll all be on our way to the Roar of Light again." Fuli was unsure. She knew Bunga as a baby and it was pretty hard for Timon and Pumbaa to catch him. "Ready? GO!" Rani yelled before Fuli answered the question. Fuli ran after Bunga and pounced on him. But not hard enough to hurt him. Fuli grabbed him by the scruff and walked over to Rani. She thought, "Huh, that was easier than I thought." Ono put the fruit in his mouth. "Great job, Ono," Rani said. Bunga turned back into his original self. "Woah, what happened. I had the strangest dream." Bunga said rubbing his eyes. "I wish it was just a dream." Fuli snapped rolling her eyes. "Well let's get going." Rani said.

Just then, the Night Pride came across the Ash Burns. A place that was burnt down years ago. ".... this place gives me the creeps." Bunga said shivering. "Let's just get out of here." Rani said looking back at Bunga. "Who died here?" Bunga wondered.

Rani's mind

You're gonna die in a minute.

As the Night Pride walked through Ash Burns, Baliyo walked up to Kion and said, "Kion, something's... different about Rani." "I know, she seems more... leaderful..." Kion said. "That's not even a word." Baliyo said. Kion rolled his eyes. "I think she's worried about something. She's rushing everyone to get to the "Temple of Light" that might not even be real." Baliyo said. "Yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe it's just because she's pregnant. Females do get cranky when they're pregnant." Kion said. Baliyo sighed and said, "You're right... I-I'm sure she's fine."

And if that's not enough, then Rani starts to have mood swings in next chapter. /:

The Night Pride made it to the Night Lands, where they were gonna take a rest. It was night after all. Fuli yawned and said, "I'm super tired," Fuli laid down on the warm grass and closed her eyes. "Same," Baliyo said laying next to her. While everyone was asleep, Rani was sitting on the edge of a hill looking at the moon and stars. Rani was remembering how her parents died...

Rani's vision

Cub Rani: Haha, you'll never catch me brother!

Cub Baliyo: That's what you think! (Pins Rani to the ground) You were saying?

Cub Rani: Get... off me! (Struggles to push Baliyo off)

Cub Baliyo: Looks like you're not so strong after all. 

Cub Rani: (Growls)

???: (Stands in front of them)(Growls)

Cub Rani: W-who are you?

???: Your worst nightmare, Shadow. (Tries to attack Rani)

Cub Rani: (Dodges the attack but accidentally scars her leg) Baliyo!

Cub Baliyo: (Jumps on a rock)

Shadow: (Growls and is about to attack Rani)

Ananda: (Comes out of nowhere and headbutts Shadow)

Shadow: (Groans)

Cub Rani: Mom!

Ananda: Shadow! Leave, now!

Sahasi: (Walks over to Ananda and growls at Shadow)

Shadow, Ananda, and Sahasi: (Gets in fighting position)

Surak: (Runs over to Sahasi and Ananda but stops when he sees Shadow, Rani, and Baliyo)

Cub Baliyo: (Sees Surak) Uncle Surak! (Smiles)

Surak: Cubs, follow me! Hurry!

 Cub Rani and Baliyo: (Follows Surak)

Surak: (Leads them into the Tree of Life)

Janna: Surak, what is going on out there?

Surak: Shadow's back. I take it he was attacking the cubs and Sahasi and Ananda stopped him. (Looks at Baliyo and Rani)

Cub Baliyo and Rani: (Nods)

Janna: Well, children, you'll be safe in here.

(A few minutes later)

Cub Rani: We should go check and see if they're okay now.

Surak: Be careful.

Baliyo was already out there looking at his parents.

Cub Baliyo: (Mouth open wide, eyes wide, and ears are down)

Cub Rani: (Wonders why Baliyo's face is in terror) (Sees Ananda and Sahasi dead)

Cub Baliyo: M-mom...

Cub Rani: Dad...

Cub Baliyo: (Walks over slowly to his parents) 

Cub Rani: But... how? They're stronger than...

Cub Baliyo: (Tears up)

Cub Rani: (Walks over to Baliyo and nuzzles him) (Tears up)

Surak: (Puts ears down)

That night, Rani became the new leader of the Night Pride and of course, the original Night ride was at Sahasi and Amanda's funeral. Nothing was ever going to be the same without Rani's mom and dad with her.

Vision ends

Rani sighed, "I'll make you proud, Mom and Dad." "Rani?" Kion said sitting down next to her. "Oh. Kion. Hi." Rani said a bit surprised. "Are you okay?" He asked. "No... I was thinking about my parents... again." Rani said truthfully. "It's gonna be okay," Kion said nuzzling Rani. "Baliyo was so young when it happened... He had to grow up without a mom or dad. It was my job to protect him. And... I couldn't protect him from losing his parents." Rani said. "Rani, he might not have his parents but he does have you. And that's the greatest gift anyone could have." Kion said. Rani put her ears down as she smiled. Then she nuzzled into Kion's chest.