The Party Crasher Pt. 1

By the way, guys, for lions, a cub shower doesn't tell you what gender the cubs are. You'll figure that out later on in the story. A cub shower is just a party for the about-to-be parents.

The next fateful morning, Rani was setting up for the cub shower. Just then, Bunga walked over and said, "Hey, Rani. So who's setting up the food?" Rani smirked and said, "Gee, I don't know, Bunga. I'll need someone who WON'T be tempted to eat it. So definitely not you." Bunga frowned and walked away. Rani chuckled. Then Kion walked over. "Hey, Rani," he said. "Bunga, I swear, if you ask for food one more-" Rani started then saw it was Kion. Kion tilted his head confused. "Oh, it's just you," Rani said with a deep breath out. "Wow, that's a way to talk to your future husband of cubs." Kion teased. Rani sighed. "Hey, are you okay?" Kion asked. "I don't know. I couldn't sleep all night." Rani told him. "Yeah, I noticed," Kion said. "I just have a feeling something bad is gonna happen..." Rani said lowering her ears. "How come?" Kion asked. "I had a dream about how my parents died. I haven't dreamed of that ever since the day I became queen. And then there was another dream in the same dream about the same villain who killed my parents is coming back." Rani said. Kion touched her shoulder getting her attention. When she looked at him sadly, he smiled. He put his head on her's. "What if it was a warning?" Rani said. "Don't start, Rani," Kion said. Rani sighed again and said, "I just hope it WAS just a dream..."

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!" Shadow cackled getting ready to go into the Tree of Life territory. He was strong, smart, and dangerous. Wherever he went, black shadows followed him. He also had the ability to raise spikes from the ground.

A little while later, everyone was at the Tree of Life. "Congratulations, Rani," a zebra said and then walked away. Rani nodded. Baliyo walked over to Kion and said, "Kion, you have some visitors." Simba, Nala, Kiara, Kovu, and Vitani came over. Along with her Lion Guard. "Mom, Dad!" Kion exclaimed happily as he ran over to them. They both gave him a hug. "I can't believe it! We're gonna be grandparents!" Nala shouted. "Well I'm gonna be an aunt!" Kiara said. "Congratulations, Kion," Vitani smiled. "Thanks, Vitani," Kion said smiling back. Imara noticed something on Vitani's face. Was it sadness? Jealousy? Only one way to find out. "Hey, Vitani, guys, come here for a sec," Imara said leading Vitani and her Lion Guard behind a boulder. "Are you jealous?" Imara asked smiling. "What?" Vitani said confused. "It's obvious you like him!" Kasi said. "OK, I'll admit I did like him when we were younger." Vitani admitted. "That's more like it!" Kasi said. "Ooooooh, Vitani and Kion sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Shabaha teased. Vitani growled. "Come on, guys, I see it's time to open presents!" Tazama said. "Yeah, let's go," Vitani said following Tazama. While Rani and Kion were opening presents, Shadow was getting ready. He was so excited. Just then, he went to the Tree of Life territory. He stood on a tall rock with shadows behind and around him. It was like black goo.

As Kion and Rani were opening presents, an animal looked at the sky and saw dark black clouds form. Then she saw Shadow. "What's that?" She asked. Everyone started talking about the lion that was on the large rock. Queen Rani and King Kion started to notice all the animals murmuring. She looked at what they were looking at. "Is that a black rock?" Rani wondered. She looked at Anga and asked her, "Anga, can you see what they're looking at?" "Yup," Anga said flying up. She used her keen sight and saw Shadow. "It's a black lion surrounded by dark black shadows." Anga said, still in the air. Rani looked down for a minute and thought. "Black shadows...? That sounds familiar." Rani said. Her ears perked up and then she looked at Baliyo. Baliyo put his ears down and backed away slowly. Shadow laughed and said, "I'm back." Rani gasped. Then Baliyo said, "No way! Is that...?-" "Shadow," Rani said growling.

Sorry that I'm torturing you guys LOL