The journey Pt. 10

As the Night Pride— well, MOST of the Night Pride was walking, Kion was in the lead. Rani was in the back behind Kion. Nirmala walked up to Kion and said, "Kion, are you sure we should leave Fuli?" "Nirmala! She made her choice. How many more times do I have to say that?!" Kion snapped. "Kion, she's your friend!" Nirmala said. Kion sighed sadly and said, "Not anymore,"

At the Cheetah Kingdom

Fuli was sitting on the edge of a large rock thinking. "I'm fine... it was for the best." Fuli said, talking to herself. She looked at her shoulder and her mark of the Night Pride was gone. "Mysterious marks disappearing, seeing my long-lost family... and... missing my friends." She said. She wasn't even sure if they considered her a friend anymore. Queen Katrina walked up on the rock and said, "Fuli? Are you okay?" Fuli lowered her ears and said, "I made the wrong choice." Her mother nodded agreeing with her and said, "Mhm," Fuli's ears perked up. "Jeez, you're not supposed to agree with me," Your friends have known you since you were a cub. And you've known them since they were cubs, too. So... go to them. You can visit any time you'd like." Queen Katrina said. Fuli smiled and hugged her mom. Then she ran off.

An hour later...

"Kion!" Fuli yelled. She was panting really hard. "What's she doing here?" Bunga wondered out loud. Beshte nudged him harshly. "Fuli?" Kion said. "Kion, you were right. I've only known my family for... well, not even a day. But I've known you guys forever. And... I need you guys. I-I'm sorry." Fuli said smiling. Kion looked down at her and smiled. "I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't of just let you leave. Friends don't do that." Kion said. "OK, I'm glad you two are friends again but we still have to get to the Temple of Light, remember?" Nuru said. "Right, let's go," Kion said and affectionately and encouragingly nudged Fuli with a smile.

A while later that night...

Kion and Rani were sitting on the edge of a rock over a waterfall. "Kion, I need to tell you something." Rani said. "OK," Kion said smiling. "Look, the reason I've been in such a rush to get back home is because I'm trying to prove that I can be queen." Rani admitted. "What are you talking about? You are the queen." Kion said a bit confused. "If I saved the Tree of Life everyone would think of me as a great queen. So I've been rushing to get home." Rani explained a bit more clearly. "Oh... well, Rani, you're doing great! I can't blame you though. If the Pridelands were in danger, I would be doing the same thing." Kion said. Rani smiled and nuzzled Kion. "I can't do this without you," Rani said. "You won't have to. 'Cause I'll be right here every step of the way." Kion said, smiling calmly. In the distance, Nuru was watching them. He smiled at the scene. "Blah, gross!" Bunga said. Nuru looked at Bunga with a raised eyebrow and a smile and said, "they're meant for each other," Nuru then walked off. "Hmm, I wonder how everything at the Tree of Life is going." Bunga wondered.

At the Tree of Life

"You know what, Makini? I think it's time to have a change of pace. Time to take my reign into the king's former home. The Pridelands! Hahahahahaha!!" Shadow said to Makini who was locked in a cage. It was a cage that was made out of twisty tree trunks. Makini gasped in fear.

A while later that same night in the Pridelands...

"Life in the Pridelands couldn't get any better." Kiara said stretching out on the ground in Pride Rock. Kovu looked in the distance squinting his eyes. "What's that?"He wondered. There was black smoke and shadows coming Pride Rock's way. "Hahaha, hello, Your Majesties." Shadow said to Simba and Nala.

The Night Pride
"Ok, everyone, I don't mean to rush you but we should get going if we wanna make it to the Temple of Light tomorrow. If we move now we'll be there by afternoon." Nuru said. "Great. We get waken up early and don't get to sleep at night? You're as bad as Rani." Fuli said. "Oh, haha, so funny." Rani spoke, rolling her eyes. Nuru chuckled and said, "But seriously, come on,"

Meanwhile...

As they were walking, the sun was fully down and it was dark. "Nuru, if it's dark, how do you know where you're going?" Rani asked. "I came back this way to find food for my siblings and it was dark then, too so I can remember the twists and turns." Nuru said. A few minutes later, everyone was walking through a blue crystally forest. The vines looked like blue crystals dangling. Then one fell and wrapped around Rani's neck as a necklace. "Woah, this place is awesome." Rani said looking up. Nuru smiled. As time passed by, it got a bit lighter and everyone was super tired. It was still night time. Bunga and Ono were sleeping on Nuru's back because they were too tired to walk any further. Rani chuckled at that. Nuru raised an eyebrow and smiled.