~Blooming~

Gan Ning kept a strong grip on her arm as he took her through the forest, his eyes staring forward and his eyebrows furrowed. Lu Mei struggled to keep up, often having to take several steps and almost tripping several times. 'He's changed...I don't know why but, he seems angry. But, at me?' She pondered as his grip suddenly loosened. She looked around to see the willow trees enclosing around them, the same spot where she took in his details long ago. He faced the pond in front of them, his fists clenching at his sides. Surely he was mad... But why?

Lu Mei stared at him in silence, her heart beating rapidly in her chest, fear overwhelming her mind for the moment. She didn't know what to do-the same person who hung around her side with a cheeky smile ever since the first day they met was now fuming with anger; It was something she hasn't experienced in a long time... And It scared her. Stepping forward, she peered at Gan Ning's face from his side to see small tears falling from his cheeks. This was new. Brand New.

"Gan...Ning?" She called out softly, breaking the silence. Gan Ning drooped his shoulders and turned to her before he placed his head on her shoulder, burying his face in her. He wrapped his arms around her and brought her closer to him, holding her tightly in the process.

"I'm sorry I didn't stay with you." He murmured. Lu Mei suddenly realized why he was upset- he wasn't around to avoid her getting taken away by those damned Wei soldiers. "Gan Ning," She placed a hand on his cheek and made him face her, looking into his sorrowful amber eyes; "It's not your fault. I should've been more careful." She smiled softly, trying to make him feel better.

"Did Cao Pi do anything to you?..."

"What? Oh no, he didn't." She replied, taking her hand off his cheek slowly. "Keep it there." Gan Ning suddenly said, his eyes glancing elsewhere as his face began to flush. Lu Mei blushed a bit herself and placed her hand back on his cheek. He eased down and placed his hands on her sides; looking at her calmly, "You know, we've been through so much this year..." He started. Lu Mei nodded with an encouraging smile on her face. "And...There's something I want to say...."

 He straightened himself, running a hand through his hair before returning it back on her side. She felt herself flush as he leaned closer to her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I...I tend to feel so calm and safe around you...I don't know why. But I want to feel that; not with a friend-but with a lover." Lu Mei's eyes widened, this was brand new to her. She was speechless, but managed to grin in place of the lack of words she could muster in the moment.

"Huh?! Whatt'ya smiling about?" "Its because I'm happy, idiot." She giggled as she wrapped her arms around his neck and laid her head on his chest, looking away with that ever so happy smile on her face.

"So, is that a yes?" He questioned nervously. Lu Mei then laughed softly as she looked up to him; moving herself to press her lips against his. 'Goodness his lips are so soft ' She thought as she pulled away after a few moments. Gan Ning was fully red in the face, for he had been one to flirt with girls but wasn't too used to someone acting first instead of him. Lu Mei snickered as she noticed his flushing, finding it cute and then squeaked in surprise as Gan Ning picked her up and kissed her again.

 "So, about that bird thing..." He started as he pulled away. "I know, I'll explain it back at the camp. Should we head back now or would you rather stay here a little longer?" Lu Mei teased as the moon peeked over the horizon. Gan Ning laughed and ran back to camp, with Lu Mei in his arms.