~Opening~

Heading down to the village for the night, the image of her mother dead on the ground stuck deep in her mind as she traveled with Gan Ning. The lights in the village brought light to a seemingly dark night, the sky filled with stars high above. Ling Tong was standing outside a restaurant chatting with Yue Fing, their conversation ending as Lu Mei and Gan Ning approached the two, with Ling Tong smiling softly at them.

"Ah, you two made it! Let us have some fun now, I've heard we've got other stuff we need to do starting tomorrow."

With Gan Ning nodding and not arguing with Ling Tong for once the group walked in together and sat together on a table, with Ling Tong and Yue Fing heading off to grab some food for the group. Lu Mei looked down at her clenched fists, the thoughts of her mother's death flooding her mind. Every bit of memory she shared with her mother brought down a heavier weight, dragging her down until a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and kept her close.

"Loosen up Mei. Your expressions are rubbing me the wrong way. Let's just.... Enjoy tonight; together."

She let out a soft sigh and leaned back against him, nestling in his embrace while her mind chased away those lingering thoughts. A giggle from their side caught their attention as Yue Fing came back with a tray of food, setting it down while Ling Tong looked at them with a calm smile, bottles of wine in his hands. Pulling out of Gan Ning's embrace Lu Mei sat up as they began talking and overall enjoying each other's company, the one cold and lonely way of life now had a warm and thriving replacement, easing their minds admist the outside war.

Several hours later, the group was heading back to the camp. With a gentle grasp of Lu Mei's hand she looked up at the pirate next to her, smiling as he locked eyes with her. Seeing a small pathway heading out from camp as they came past the gates she let go of his hand, his questioning gaze on her as she looked towards that empty path.

"I need a bit of time alone, is that alright?"

Gan Ning looked as if he were to offer his company but from the hazed look of the smaller general, he nodded and walked alongside the other couple. Lu Mei walked towards the path walked through, noticing the newly planted bits of shrubbery before stopping before a large stone engraved with simple wording.

'Diao Chan; A beauty that now walks in heaven'

Staring at the stone Lu Mei felt conflicted, part of her wanted to thank the person that thought to make this tribute but part of her wished to break the stone, feeling as if her mother's death was painful enough. Staring at the stone for a bit longer she saw something flicker in the corner of her eye and turned her head. Looking towards that direction she noticed a frail figure walking away from her; her attention now focused on this figure. Following this person she noted the person wandering very deep into the forest before going into a comfortable looking house. Turning around the man faced Lu Mei, a gentle smile on his face.

"Welcome, dear child of Diao Chan. Come; I am no threat."