Epilogue

(Luke's P.O.V.)

        Standing in the middle of a crowded airport by myself wasn't as happy as the movies make it out to be. In the movies, the girl comes running back, or the guy chases after her and they kiss and make up. But this isn't the movies. It's more like a tragedy. A completely unexpected, unappreciated, unwanted tragedy.

        I watched her walk away, not being able to move. I could feel the tears come up to burn my eyes, but I didn't even bother to wipe them away. I just let them collect and fall down my face. When I blinked, she disappeared into the crowd of people, her figure almost being engulfed by all of the other moving bodies. 

        "Luke! There you are, we've been looking for you!" Michael exclaimed, placing a hand on my shoulder. I flinched under his touch, making him retract his hand. "Woah, what happened? Where's Clara?" 

        "We're done." I mumbled, my voice barely audible as I continued to stare into the crowd. 

        "What?" He asked, standing in front of me. 

        "We're done." I repeated, my voice only slightly louder. 

        "Luke, you have to speak up. This is a-" 

        "I said we're done!" I screamed, throwing my arms into the air. 

        "Woah, calm down," Michael said, his eyes wide. "Where is she?" 

        "Who fucking cares!? I surely don't!" I yelled, turning around to walk away. 

        "Luke!" Michael yelled, running up to me. "What the hell has gotten into you?" 

        "Nothing." I spat, continuing to walk to where the other boys were. Michael didn't speak after that, he just continued to walk beside me. I wiped away my tears, raking my hand through my hair. When we reached Calum and Ashton, they stopped their conversation, looking at me with confused expressions on their faces. 

        "When are we leaving?" I asked, moving to my carry on to get my headphones. 

        "We board in ten minutes. Are you okay?" Calum spoke up. 

        "Just peachy." I said through clenched teeth, dropping down into a chair. I shoved my headphones in my ears, turning the volume on my phone up as far as I could tolerate and then put my songs on shuffle. I stared blankly at the empty chair across from me, not bothering to answer any of the questions the boys asked me. 

        Ashton came and sat down next to me, poking my shoulder lightly, almost cautiously. I paused my music, glancing over at him. 

        "What?" 

        "Can we talk?" He asked, pointing his thumb over his shoulder. I groaned, standing up, and followed him over to a less crowded area of the airport. 

        "What do you want Ashton?" I asked, my tone sounding impatient and annoyed. 

        "What happened back there? Between you and Clara?" He asked, his voice still gentle. 

        "Does it matter?" 

        "Clearly it does from the way that you're acting." Ashton said, as if I was oblivious to myself. 

        "She just talked about a decision she was making." I said, not giving any specifics. 

        "And that decision was?" Ashton asked, his voice trailing off.