Episode 16

PoV: Shadow

  Sonic couldn't get the rest he needed. His tour had started, and we were going to travel all over the country. He didn't speak to me, yet he wouldn't sleep unless I was in bed with him. The only time I heard his voice was on the stage.

  He was wearing more black than he usually did for this concert. He worked black jeans and a grey shirt which a long maroon coat. For a pop start it was unusual to see. He walked onto the stage with a bouquet of Rose's he was given from one of his fans. The hood covering his face. He grabbed the rose from the plastic.

"Sonic-" I stopped myself from running after him, his hand was bleeding from the thorns. The audience gasped and Sonic threw the rose's into the crowd, a smile on his face. It was fake, but they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

  One of the audience members climbed onto stage, that was a red flage.

"Off the stage," I walked out and I stopped the girl from getting close to Sonic. She held out a roll of bandages and I took them from her. She climbed down after that, "Sonic," I took his hand and bandaged it, "Don't be so careless."

  I wasn't expecting the large respongs of screaming from the crowd when I finished wrapping his hand. I hadn't realized I spoke into the microphone. Great. This is going to blow up all over the place.

  I left the strange and Sonic began his concert. He was place the guitar himself, it was something he hadn't done in some time.

"I'm sick of all this,

"How'd you get your band name?"

"Is that your real first name?"

"Can you text and can you follow back 'cause it's my birthday?"

"No one cares what I want,

"Just what I've got.

"And if we sit and count it up,

"It's really not a lot.

"So when are you gonna sing for me?

"When are you gonna drink for me?

"I don't know, I don't know.

"So when are you gonna sing for me?

"Ruinin' me completely,

"It's true, ooh, ooh~

"I miss having sex but at least I don't wanna die anymore.

"And I think that's pretty cool~

"I miss seeing the red on your face when I made you blush, hey.

"But I think it's fine, it's cool~

"My hobbies include,

"Pushing away these girls that maybe really like me,

"Cutting people off because I don't trust exciting.

"But what the fuck have I done?

"I'm not even an icon,

"But I still get death threats often.

"So their meaning starts to soften

"When are you gonna sing for me?

"When are you gonna drink for me?

"I don't know, I don't know.

"So when are you gonna sing for me?

"Ruinin' me completely.

"It's true, ooh, ooh~

"I miss having sex but at least I don't wanna die anymore,

"And I think that's pretty cool.

"I miss seeing the red on your face when I made you blush, hey,

"But I think it's fine, it's cool.

"I miss having sex but at least I don't wanna die anymore,

"And I think that's pretty cool~

"I miss seeing the red on your face when I made you blush.

"But I think it's fine, it's cool~

"But I think it's fine, it's cool~!"

  It was a short song, but it was only the introduction. The played another one of his songs as he had a costume change. His next outfit, I hadn't approved it. Skin tight, almost the leotard. It was black with roses. His famous red sneakers were replaced with black boots and a translucent red shirt covered his left hip. He walked back out after taking a breath. He put his guitar down and held the microphone with both hands. This wasn't going to be an easy tour. The next song that came from his lips, it overwhelmed everyone. That same song he was singing the other day. Aishite...

  The song, I read the lyrics in English that Sonic wrote down, this song... I couldn't tell if Amy caused it or if I did this.

"Knuckles," I turned to Knuckles as I witness the tears falling from Sonic's eyes as he sang. He was letting his emotions out in one concert... I couldn't bare to watch anymore, "Watch Sonic for me..."

"Yes sir," he stood his ground and I grabbed my things.

"I need to go get drunk."

  I lit a cigarette for the first time in seven years since I quit. I inhaled the sweet toxic addition of nicotine, and let it all out, not caring how black my lungs were becoming. I walked to the nearest bar and drank until I forgot my own name...

  Sonic... don't get caught again... not while I can't remember what you look like...

~~~