Chapter 3 - the walk

Chapter 3 ^ the walk

The breeze was gentle and warm against Rocky's cheeks as he walks around the woods.

He didn't mean to travel far, but when his mind wonders he found his feet doing the same thing.

He couldn't stop thinking about his break up with Emily.

He was very hurt. He hasn't had alone time to cry about it, either. He normally likes to be the strong one in the family, but he was awfully sad. Him and Emily had been dating two years!

He was kicking pebbles on the ground while he walked. The trees were blowing gently in the wind. He suddenly looks up and realizes he wondered off further than he has indented.

His heart pounded worriedly in his chest. He looks around in circles, not familiar with his surroundings.

"Oh no!" He whispered to himself

"I think...I'm lost!"

He spins around against the thick air, his lungs getting tighter and his knuckles tight together.

"Which direction should I go?"

He mumbles to himself out loud.

He decided to choose his direction randomly and begin walking towards it, not sure where it would take him.

He continues down the strange path for a long period of time. He soon finds his feet starting to throb and he was starting to get real tired.

Meanwhile at the Cabin

"Hey Grandpa, has Rocky come back yet?" Grandpa looked at Colt with a questionable expression and starts thinking it over.

"No, he hasn't and I actually haven't seen him in a few hours. Should we go look for him?"

Colt looks worried and nods his head in agreement.

"How about you and I to look for him and Tum Tum stays here in case Rocky comes back?" Colt suggests. Grandpa nods and after giving the youngest their orders, the two went back out into the summer air to look for the oldest Douglas brother.

****

Rocky doesn't know how much longer he has been wondering around, lost in the wilderness but his heart was sinking in sadness and his tummy was grumbling with hunger.

"What am i gonna do?!" Rocky mumbles mostly to himself. He sighs and decided to choose another direction to walk in, one he thought might help him find his way back to Grandpa's.

All of a sudden, his body froze when he heard someone shouting in the distance.

"HELP!" Rocky recognizes it as a female's voice and it was pretty close.

He took a deep breathe and tried to figure out where the sound was coming out.

"IS ANYONE THERE?! PLEASE HELP ME!" The mystery girl screams once again.

Rocky spoke up.

"Yes, I'm here. Keep calling out and I'll find you." Rocky called our. He raced through the tree as the girl continues to call out.

A few minutes later he found her! She was hanging onto a long branch stretching far out from a cliff and she was desperately trying to hold onto the edge of the ground.

She was struggling and fighting with all her might to stay alive and from falling to her doom!!

Rocky felt his heart break and he looks around. The two lock eyes and he got on the ground, on his stomach and slowly crawls towards the edge in front of her.

"Give me your hand, I'll pull you up!" Rocky demanded, reaching out his hands to her when he got to the edge. The girl was breathing heavily and Rocky saw a few tears falling from her blue eyes.

"It's ok, I want to help you." He said in a calming, soothing tone.

The girl slightly nods and brought her hand out towards Rocky. He grabs her sweaty wrists and with all his strength he brings her closer towards him.

With a long huff, Rocky's strength managed to save her and bring her to safety on the ground again. She lay on her stomach in the leaves, both the kids took a few minutes to catch their breathe.

Just then the girl leaps into Rocky's chest in greatfulness and kissed his cheeks.

"S-sorry for my outburst. Thank you so much for saving me!" The girl bowed, her long, strawberry blonde hair covering her slender, pale face.

Rocky gave her a sweet smile.

"Your welcome. Are you ok?" He asks.

She nods her head and Rocky got a good look at her. He discovers that she has cuts and bruises all over her, from top to bottom.

He reaches out for her arm and takes a closer look.

"What happened to you? Why do you have all these bruises?" She quickly slides her arm back and stares sadly at the ground for a few minutes, un able to answer.

"I...I...I'm not sure, really." She answers.

Rocky gives her a quizzical expression, his blue orbs are sparkling with curiosity.

"What's your name? My name is Samual Douglas Jr, but everyone calls me by my ninja name, Rocky!" He puts his hand out to shake and the girl took it.

She was biting her lips, unsure of what to do.

She wasn't sure how to answer his questions. All she remembers is hitting her head and then winded up on the edge of a cliff the next!! She avoided eye contact with Rocky for as long as possible.

"Do you have a name?"

The girl shook her head.

"I think I do. I can't remember....all I remember is running away from something and then I hit my head and I wound up here, hanging on for dear life. I don't really know who I am or where I live, for that matter."

Rocky knew there was pieces missing to the story and he stared at her in puzzlement and amazement.

He wonders if his grandpa would allow this pretty girl to stay with them for a while, just until they can figure out who she belongs with.

But the thing that bothered him the most is why was she covered in scars? Who did such a thing to hurt her?

Just then, Rocky heard some familiar voices calling to him from the distance.

"ROCKY WHERE ARE YOU?" He could recognize that voice from anywhere, his brother colt.

The girl glances up in panic and got to her feet, dusting herself off.

"Don't be frightened, that's just my little brother. I think he is looking for me." Rocky explains. The girl was afraid at first and then smiled warmly at him.

"Come on let's try and find him." Rocky started calling back to Colt and his grandpa over and over again. The girl followed behind him, her stomach getting butterflies when he took her hand and drags her through the woods.

It took them several minutes to finally be reunited with Colt and grandpa.

Grandpa and Colt were shocked to find Rocky's new friend.

~~~~<

Authors note: hey all it's my dads birthday today and so I decided to post today!!! I hope you all enjoyed this Chapter!!! Who is Rocky's new mysterious friend? Why was she in danger? Will Rocky's family help and accept her??

I hope I could get some comments and feedback soon!! I hope your all enjoying the story so far!!! Xoxoxo until next time!!