Shopping fun!

Chapter 7 - Shopping!

Chapter 7

Rocky felt nervous as he slipped into the passenger side of the front seat. Stephanie got into the back and grandpa in the drivers side.

The summer air was breezy and fresh. It felt good to get out again! Rocky had money left over from last summer from when he worked at little arcade by his house.

He got a job there because his dad knew the owner.

He works there from time to time and the best part is, he gets to play some of the arcade games for free!

Rocky thanked grandpa for the drive when they got to the mall. He dropped the two off at the front entrance and walked in together.

The mall was busy as usual. Rocky was starting to feel nervous while the two walk through the long hallways of the building with tons of shops.

He felt his stomach grumbling for food and he glanced over at Stephanie who's eyes were twinkling with excitement. It was almost as if she has never stepped in a mall before!!

"Would you like to get a snack?" Rocky asked, already turning towards the cafeteria.

Stephanie turns to rocky and agreed.

"Sure I wouldn't mind a snack but I'm more thirsty right now. It's really hot today!"

Rocky agreed and motioned her to follow them. They got to the cafeteria and managed to find a small table in the middle of the court.

Stephanie kept their table while Rocky went to fetch them a drink and a snack.

While he was gone she couldn't help but feeling an erie sensation and thought that someone might be watching her closely. Glancing around the cafeteria, she found a pair of eyes boring into her.

She didn't know why but the longer she stared

at the stranger, the more uncomfortable she felt and though she also felt a sense of familiar about them.

She couldn't see their face clearly since they were so far away but she could tell they had spiked brunette hair and a tough, strong built and they were a male.

Stephanie felt her insides boil with fear and anger at the same time and yet she couldn't quite understand why she was mad at this stranger. Why was he looking at her with dagger eyes?

She tapped her fingers on the table and looks around the place to find Rocky. He was front in line at the pizza take out. He turns towards her and gives her a big smile, waving happily. She returns the gesture and when she looks back to see the strangers Erie eyes, he was no longer in that spot anymore!

At that discovery Stephanie felt a little bit uneasy and turns her gaze to focus on Rocky. Rocky was now at the other end of the counter, waiting for his order. He waved at her when he found her gaze and gently smiled back at him.

When he got back to the table, Rocky gave her the things she ordered and immediately started munching on his food.

"Are you ok, Steph? You didn't eat a lot." Rocky pointed out, the look of worry clearly spread on his face.

Stephanie didn't reply right away. She still had a gut feeling a pair of eyes were bearing into the two and watching closely; it made her very scared and worried.

She was unsure if she should tell Rocky or not.

"Yes, I'm fine. Sorry, I was just thinking about something." She answered. Rocky didn't question any further and they continue through the mall, hitting all the girly clothing boutiques.