Chapter 2: the girl in the woods!

Chapter 2/ the girl in the woods...

The next day the three brothers were leaving to go to their Grandfathers cabin for the summer time and Rocky couldn't be more happier.

All of their duffle bags were at the front door and Rocky was helping his mother Jessica stuff a cooler full of drinks and snacks for everyone on their long drive up.

Rocky could feel his anxiety kicking in. He watches his mother look over her list of what she wanted to put inside the container.

She glanced over at him and noticed his anxious eyes and put a loving hand on his shoulder.

"Your not going to tell me anything, are you?" Mrs. Douglas asked. She too knew something was wrong with her eldest son and if he didn't tell her soon, she will be worrying about him her whole summer vacation.

Rocky bit his lips and broke eye contact with his mom, staring down at the counter too. He had his black plaid hat on backwards, letting some of his blonde short bangs to sweep over his forehead.

He slowly shakes his head. Of course he wanted to tell his mom about his break up with Emily, but he just couldn't find the words nor the desire to talk about his now ex anyway.

"No, I'm sorry mom. I can't. Maybe...once I get back from Grandpas, ok?" Rocky says softly.

Mrs Douglas sighs heavily and pats her son a little more on the back.

"Ok but if you change your mind you can call me while your at the cabin, alright?"

Rocky forced a small smile and agreed. Just then Colt came running into the kitchen and yelled grumpily.

"Come on, Rocky! I just saw grandpa pull into the driveway."

"Alright I'm coming. Hey colt can you help me take this?"

Colt slumps his shoulders and rolls his eyes, walking up to the counter where Rocky and his mother where.

"Fine!!"

*skip ahead*

The drive to Grandpas cabin was a long, yet enjoyable one. The boys got to catch up with their grandpa about how his last few months have been and apparently, he had done some renovations for the summer.

He had made a small addition to his cabin and also made a nice big deck with a large garden and outside lights for them to sit outside at night or have their meals on. Rocky, Colt and Tum tum were quite excited about that.

They arrived at the cabin close to supper time and the three boys all jumped out of their grandpas copper coloured wagon.

"So what do you boys want for dinner tonight?" Grandpa asks, helping them take out their luggage from the trunk.

"PIZZA!" All three shouted at once. Mori made a face and shook his head. Of course.

"Ok I'll get u guys pizza and I'll order myself some Chinese noodles." The boys shouted excitedly.

"Can we eat outside, grandpa?" Rocky asks.

Grandpa agrees.

The three boys take all their belongings inside the cabin and quickly un pack some of their things. They had each brought a duffle bag and a backpack.

Grandpa ordered the food and while waiting for it, the three boys all sat at the table, playing video games on their tiny portable games, except Colt had a pile of comic books.

"How long until the pizza gets here, Grampa?" Rocky asks, setting down his video game.

"I think forty five minutes. Why?" Grandpa asks, curiously.

"I just..want to take a walk, if that's ok.

Grandpa nodded, understanding the hurt tone in his grandsons voice.

"Sure, just don't go too far, ok?" Colt wanted to join his older brother on the walk, but Rocky said he wanted to be alone.