Start of a Rescue Plan!

Chapter 15// Start of a plan!

~~~~~~

Rocky, Colt, Tum Tum and Aiden were in the living room together that evening wanting to start a plan or rescue. The thing is, they had no idea where to start. Rocky let open the sliding door behind them half way open so the fresh air could help them, the screen door would help keep the night bugs away.

They had a tray with tea and cookies on it to snack on. Grandpa was doing his own thing, cleaning up his house and getting ready for bed time.

Everyone was very quiet for a long time, that is until Rocky snapped his finger to wake everyone up.

"I got it!" He said with excitement. Everyone turns towards him with either a smile, worry or unison.

"Hey Aiden, remember the other day when we were outside in the woods and you were looking at the direction somewhere random and you where in a trance?" Rocky explains with an excited, eager tone.

Aiden's eyes widen and she shakes her head In agreement.

"Yeah?!"

"Well, do you think if we went out there now, do you think you can remember where it is? Maybe it's the direction towards the house you used to live in?"

Everyone stared at each other, staying silent for a while.

"That's perfect!" Aiden suddenly shrieked.

Rocky and Colt jumped slightly on the cushion couch.

"Really?"

"Yes! Let's try it out right now!"

Rocky licked his lips and took a deep breathe.

"Oh, o-ok. Let me grab us some flash lights and a weapon first." Rocky suggested.

Aiden stood up and pulled on his shoulder.

"Alright, lets go!" She said, happily.

Colt and Tum got up and followed the two outside or Grandpas cabin.

The night sky was singing with owls who-ing and crickets creaking in the bushes all around the grounds.

Rocky stayed close to Aiden and his protective mode was turned on. He controlled the flashlight and was making the light scatter across the forest floor.

"Do you remember which direction that you were staring at last time?" Aiden shook her head and glanced around.

"It might take you a while, I guess."

Colt and Tum Tum came running up to them with extra flashlights.

"We just let grandpa know what was going on so he wouldn't be upset. He said we have to be inside in an hour." Colt explained, taking a look at his black wrist watch. Rocky nodded his head in agreement.

"Ok!" He motioned for everyone to start walking again. Rocky made a mental note to stay away from the maze area.

Just then, the four of them stopped when they heard a loud tree snap close by!

Aiden held onto Rocky in fear and Colt and Tum Tum's eyes widen.

"Wh-what was th-that?" Aiden studdered.

"Probably a bunny...or a squirrel." Rocky answered, trying to make Aiden be brave.

They walked a little further into the woods and they finally came across a hill. Aiden stopped and she felt an odd, tingly sensation of worry flood through her whole body!