Chapter 19

Rocky had given Aiden the cot to sleep on. Rocky slept on the floor and the two had slept holding each other's hands for hours for as long as possible.

Rocky never let her hands go and he was up all night. He couldn't sleep. It had gotten pretty darker in the room they were prisoned in. Aiden was wide awake as well, staring blankly up at the ceiling.

She was trying her best not to cry but he tears where silently flowing across her pale cheeks and she was doing her best to hide her sniffling.

Rocky sure could hear them against the quiet night.

He didn't know what to do or say to comfort her.

He wanted to say his grandpa and brothers would be here soon to rescue them, but he was unsure of if or when that was going to happen.

He too was on the verge of tears.

He squeezed Aidens hands and she squeezed back equally.

Several minutes later, they jolted awake by the sounds coming from downstairs of screaming, crashing and violent punches.

Aiden sat up in her cot and looked down at Rocky with terror in her face. Rocky was scared and puzzled, he stood on his full height to protect her at all cost and then he slowly tip toed to the doorway.

"Rocky, dont!" Aiden half whisper she half yelled. Rocky put a hand behind him to tell her to be quiet and he pressed his ears to the door.

There was a ton of commotion going on downstairs and then he heard the familiar "hiyah!" That belonged to his grandpa and brothers.

Rocky's eyes widen with joy and he yanked it open as wide as he could, then turned towards Aiden.

Aidens eyes widen in fear as she saw Rocky's grandpa pushing her stepfather up the stairs and holding his arm above his head, a shiney knife was in the mans hands and Colt and Tum Tum came running up behind them.

Colt was trying to grab the knife from her stepfather while Tum jolted into the room Rocky and Aiden where held captive.

"Guys come on! We gotta get out of here, now!" Tum shouted. When they got out of the room Grandpa has the taller pinned against the wall behind the stairs.

He then kneed the man harshly in groin with all his might. The stepfather howled in pain and doubled over, dropping the knife from his palms.

Grandpa then kicked him in the side of the head hard again and when the man fell on conscious on the ground, he picked up the knife and the kids all ran out of the house, taking Audrey and Kayleigh with them.

Rocky and Aidens eyes has to adjust to the harsh night around them. Rocky grabbed her hand firmly and tightly, pulling her through the tall trees and bushes. He was trying to keep up with grandpa and his brothers who where running far ahead of them.

Branches and twigs scraped their bare skin and slapped their faces but the kids didn't care. Colt has Audrey's hand held tightly in his and Tum was pulling Kayleigh with him through the forest wind.

The moon was bright in the sky being the only source of light to guide their way back to grandpas cabin.

They finally made it and as soon as they all fathered inside, Rocky locked all the doors and grandpa called the police and said their was a vicious man kidnapping and abusing children close by.

The police came in a matter of minutes and grandpa had to direct them to Aidens stepfathers house.

When all was calm, just the red and blue sirens of the cop cars flickering in the midnight, colt and Tum Tum where interested in watching the dancing lights of the police cars even though they have seen them

Plenty of times before.

Rocky wanted to make Aiden and her sisters feel safe. The girls where shivering in the room, dirty and filled with unswept tears in their eyes.

Grandpas cabin wasn't the biggest place.

"Colt, come here." Rocky ordered. Tum tum followed him inside the cabin. Rocky was throwing blankets on the younger ones and told them to go up to the loft for a few minutes while he discussed something with his brothers.

"I think we need to give the girls our loft." Aiden was staying beside Rocky with a heavy blanket around her.

There was a few moment of silence between the four of them. Rocky was surprises that Colt didn't put up an argument this time and nodded his head.

"I think your right, Rocky. But where are we going to sleep?" Colt said in a slight whiney tone of voice. Rocky could tell his brother was still slightly annoyed but being nicer considering what happened to Aiden and Rocky.

Rocky talked with grandpa who agreed to let Tum Tum sleep in his room for a while; colt and rocky slept in the small sitting room beside the kitchen and they even made a fort area for them.

Before going to sleep Rocky told the girls they could all wash up in the hot tub for a bit and relax a little while the boys clean the loft for them. Grandpa told everyone he will make a special waffle breakfast in the morning.

The girls where excited for that and gave each of them a grateful hug goodnight. Except for Aiden! Rocky had t seen her for a while!

He almost began to panick after he asked everyone where she was. Kayleigh mentioned she saw Aiden sitting outside on the back porch earlier.

Rocky thanked her and bid everyone goodnight and quickly went outside into the cool, twinkling night air.

It was pretty nippy out for a summer evening.

"Aiden? Where are you?" Rocky looked everywhere and tried to stay calm. It was hard to see in the dark but then he suddenly heard soft crying close by.

It made him frown and he tried to follow the sound. When he came to the end of it, he found Aiden wrapped in a blanket up to her shoulders and her hair blowing in the wind. When he got closer he noticed she was crying.

It made Rocky feel terrible and hurt himself as he saw his crush crying. He walked up to her and sat down, rubbing her back in silence for a few minutes.

"Aiden, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Aiden glanced over at Rocky and wiped her constant tears. Her cheeks where all wet and in the moonlight it looked like she was glittering.

She took a deep breathe and answered Rocky's question.

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight, Rocky. I am very greatful for you and your family for saving my sisters, but now I have to wonder...what's going to happen with my sisters and I now?" Aiden's tears where refreshed.

Rocky was silent and he rubbed her back in gentle, soothing circles. He wasn't sure what to answer.

He pulled Aiden closer to him and she seemed

to be settled down a bit.