A/N About Chara

Since I'm writer's blocking all over the place, let's talk about the Chara from my story.

In this story, I'm basing Chara on DID - dissociative identity disorder (previousely known as MPD - multiple personality disorder).

!!!!! BIG DISCLAIMER !!!!!
DID doesn't actually work like this! There are no creepy villain personalities trying to hurt and kill! If you've seen the movie Split than NO! That kidnapping, plotting and self confident behavior is not at all what people with DID are like. Yes, that movie gets *some* things right but you don't have to be afraid of DID.

What Chara and Frisk have in common with DID in this story is long or repeated childhood trauma (comfirming it here), Chara's mindset of protecting Frisk/the body (the way they do it is not realistic though), Frisk's amnesia from childhood and Frisk not knowing about Chara or the trauma (DID is created to protect the mind of the host ("original" personality) - they shouldn't find out that they had trauma or have alters (different personalities)).
The rest is not DID and is there only for the sake of the story and plot.

If you have DID, please know that you are not a monster. You are deserving of love and each and every alter you have is valid (even those you don't want to admit or the "bad" ones - they're trying to protect you and don't know how). Please care for yourself and see a doctor that belives DID is real and treats you and all your alters right.

You are loved, you are valid, you are normal, you are not broken, you deserve a good, full life like everyone else, your disorder or your past do not define who you are or have to be. That goes to everyone.

If you need to talk to someone and don't feel safe talking to anyone you know, I am here to talk to anonymously. That goes for everyone too ok? Not only those with DID.

Lastly if DID interests you or you don't believe it's real, I'd advise you to check out DissociaDID on Youtube. They provide a safe learning experience and support their videos by proofs, studies and other material.
Ever since I started watching them, I fell in love with learning about DID from them.

Thanks for the patience with the actuall story, I'm working on it. I hope I'm not writing anything triggering and you can all safely read it, if there is anything you'd like me to leave out or warn about, just tell me.
I just want you all to be safe and healthy, that's why I tell you to drink water every time.

Love you all.