[🌻] 0 9

" win or lose? "
parent!katsuki x parent!reader

word count: 710
requested by @azelizdying!
sorry if it wasn't accurate to what you wanted ^^"

———

after parking the car, y/n stomps her way to her son's school. receiving a phone call from her child's school was already enough to be worried and angry. a part of her says that she should calm down and talk this out with katsuo, hearing his side of the story. the other side, wanted to give him a lecture and make a punishment.

arriving near the school office, she slams the door open with her quirk of telekinesis and there she saw her six year old son sitting with his bag as company—an office lady was there too but she didn't really care as much.

she didn't see the fearful look on her son's face when he saw the door slammed open with a powerful force. if he were to be honest, he might have leaked a little.

"katsuo." his mother says, almost in a monotone voice. he looked down at his feet with shame. he didn't want to look at his mother right now. she realizes this and her muscles that unknowingly were tensed before, had relaxed. she sighs.

"let's just go home." she turns her back, waiting for him. as soon she saw katsuo walking in front of her, she follows after.

the ride back home was quiet. them both could know that there was tension so thick in the atmosphere of the car. she thought for a moment. she didn't want to be a bad mother for bombarding katsuo with questions. she decided to go talk to it out with him without getting angry.

she opens the door, letting katsuo stepping into foot into their home. once she closes the door, soft sniffles echoes broke the tension and silence. y/n rushes to her child's aid, crouching down to his short height to hug him.

"it's okay, sweetie. i'm not mad. just tell me what happened, okay?" she rubs his back in an up and down motion, trying to console the poor child.

"t-they w-wouldn't s-stop c-calling d-d-daddy.. a v-villain.. b-bec-cause of t-the w-way.. he a-acts." although his hiccups were interrupting every word, she was able to make out what he was saying. it broke her heart, though she dares not to show it. it broke her heart that this was coming from his son, of all people. she knew that was one of katsuki's insecurities. it wasn't his fault that he was raised with a hot-headed mother. beneath the anger he holds, a soft side of him is still there in him. she was thankful that out of all women out there, he chose her. he chose her to show the soft side he holds secretly.

"shh.. it's okay, honey.. your daddy is a hero. he's your number one hero too." she kisses the top of his forehead. katsuo sniffles before speaking.

"h-he's your hero too, ma.." he chuckles weakly, y/n giggling along with him. nodding in agreement, "yes, katsuo, he's my hero too."

they stay in the position for quite some time, letting his hiccups to die down and regain his energy. his dear mother wiping tears as he do so, kissing every inch of his face. a sense of deja vu washed over her. she remembers the time when katsuki broke down in front of her. it was during their time in u.a, still dating at the time. he reminded her of katsuki too much, making loving them both equally as hard as it already was when katsuo was born. she smile at the thought, holding back tears that threaten to river down at any moment.

as if on cue, katsuo pulls back, looking at his dear mother's eyes.

"thank you for not getting mad at me.." katsuo mumbles, sniffling one last time. she kissed his nose before telling him how much he loves her beloved son.

suddenly, the door bursts open, revealing the one and only, father, katsuki.

"KATSUO!!" both jump in their spot, looking back at the loud noise. katsuo feared the worst. he had forgotten about how his father would react. his heart raced and hoped with all of his might that his father wouldn't get angry at him.

.
.
.

"DID YOU WIN OR LOSE?"