• ten •

This chapter contains drug abuse. 

It is not until the end of the chapter, though. I'm marking the part where it starts with these ***

If you're sensitive on this topic, I encourage you to skip the part. It's like 1/4 of the chapter, so you won't be missing anything important.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

✽    ✽

    With a last "See ya!" Zayn jumps into the passengers seat and buckles up like a good boy, confusing me even more than he already is. He never does that. I'm happy that at least he isn't driving in his state and didn't lose his sense for safe driving. I squint into the rear view mirror to get a look at the driver, but realize fast that it's Liam when he greets me with a warm: "Hello Maia."

    Zayn wiggles around in his seat excitedly, singing along with the song on the radio, while I also buckle up and Liam starts to pull out of our driveway. "Jesus christ Zayn, are you on drugs or something?" I moan annoyed by his childish excitement and his horrible howling, which is already giving me headache.
   "No, I'm not, but we're about to be." he turns around to look at me with a wide grin, earning a confused "Huh?".
He's just kidding. I tell myself, not actually believing that Zayn would do drugs. 
   "Like, actual drugs?" I ask just to be clear he isn't fucking around with me and he nods.
   "Liam's cousin brought molly for the party."
   "Zayn you're fucking wasted already, you're absolutely not going to take ecstasy!"
Laughing he turns around again.
   "Ok mom, chill!" I can't believe that he would be so stupid to be taking drugs just because the guy he's in love with thinks it's cool.
   "It's really safe, I swear." Liam speaks up, trying to get me on his good side, but that won't be that easy now. I actually thought he was a good guy, but thinking about him bringing Zayn into dangerous situations isn't actually the kind of good you'd expect of him. Guess all soccer jocks are missing something in the personality department.

   "Fine, do what you want." I grunt annoyed and cross my arms in front of my chest, throwing myself back into my seat. This day is just getting crazier and crazier. A quick glance at the time tells me, that there's still four hours of the day left for me to get through. Though, I don't think Zayn will be leaving early and there is no way in hell I'll leave him alone at a party while he's on molly. Yes, it's fucking stupid, but if he's taking it, I'll at least have to look out for him.

As we arrive at the party, I notice that it's not Louis' house. Instead, we pull up to a fairly larger house this time.
"Whose house is this?" I ask in awe, while undoing my seat belt. "Mine. My parents are in Minnesota for the weekend." Liam answers, shutting off the engine and pulling out the keys. I nod and crawl out of the car, looking at the huge house - or rather the huge ass mansion - in front of me. The front door is a huge doubled carbon door and has two lion statues sitting on marble pillars on each side.
"Damn, you sure you got that molly from your cousin and not your parents?"
Laughing, Liam locks the car and shoves the keys into his joggers.
Goddamnit. I didn't change into something else before leaving. Anxious, I look down at me and whine at the sight of my awkward grey sailor moon socks. Great, just fucking great. At least my skirt isn't as short as the one I wore to the last party. I envy Liam for being brave enough to wear joggers to a party, but he'll probably change into something else later.

"My parents are pretty big in the brewery business."
Completely forgetting my outfit, I look over to Liam, who is looking at the mansion he has to himself for a whole damn weekend, smiling at it as if it has feelings. Zayn puts his arm around my shoulder and leads me up the stairs. The music blasts through the walls as if there were none. The door is open just a tad and he kicks it open to make way for us. I can hear Liam bickering behind us, but the sight of the people close to the door, which jumped back from the sudden impact of the door against the wall next to it, is just too hilarious to care about what he's saying.