• eleven •

✽    ✽

The first thirty minutes were boring, to be quite honest. I felt nothing or at least I didn't know if what I was feeling was a cause of the molly. There was this urge to just leave this damn party and go home so I could just bawl my eyes out under my blanket, but Zayn and Liam kept me from going. The more I though about it, the more I let that thought be. Our designated driver wasn't able to drive anyways, so there was no point to think about going home, unless I wanted to call dad to come pick me up. He'd notice I had taken something and that would be the end of my freedom.

It's been forty minutes now since we've taken the pills and we switched down to the garage where they put up a beer pong table. I'm watching Liam make his next throw while chewing on a pizza slice. Even though it's already cold, it tastes better than everything I've ever eaten. Zayn went to get himself another drink.
  Liam moves his arm back and forth a few times, calculating how he's going to throw the ball, but fails miserably. It flies far over the cups and lands on the floor. 
  "Jesus Christ, you really suck at this, huh?" I shout over the music and Liam slaps my arm. 
  "Watch your mouth, little lady." he says laughing and I giggle. Zayn is right, Liam is really fun to be around. He is like a big brother I never had. 
  When the other team scores, Liam grunts annoyed and grabs the cup from the table. "This game is bullshit." He puts the cup to his lips and gulps down all of it.  
  "You're such a sore loser." I laugh, grabbing the ball from the already dirty water, that originally was supposed to clean it, and get ready for my turn. "I'll show you how it's done, big guy." 
I put my pizza slice into my mouth and shake my right hand. Liam chuckles next to me, but he won't be laughing anymore when I actually land this shot. The stakes are high, but I'm confident. I take a deep breath and hold up the ball next to my ear, concentrating on my goal. My vision is a little blurry, but I try my best to get a clearer view by squinting my eyes. Then, I chuck it gently forward and watch it fly. Begging mentally, but staying totally cool on the outside, I watch the ball make its way across the table and it is as if the world suddenly switched to slow motion.
   When the ball lands in one of the cups, I jump up cheering and throwing my hands in the air, the pizza slice still in my mouth. Liam looks at me, shaking his head in disbelief that I actually just beat him. I grab my pizza slice and take another bit, a cheeky grin plastered to my face. 
  "Didn't expect that, did ya?" I tease him and laugh when he gently nudges my shoulder. 
  "Lucky shot, nothing more."
  "Yeah, sure. If that makes you happy." he flips me off, making me laugh even more. "But if I land the next one, you gotta admit that it's raw skill." 
   "What if you don't?" he asks, obviously intrigued by my suggestion. "Well..." I look around, trying to think of a good bet. 

   "Then you'll have to take your shirt off." Zayn says, putting his arm around my shoulder with his new drink in his hand. "What kind of bet is that?!" Disgusted I look up to him. I'd have expected that to come from Louis or Niall, but hearing that from Zayn surprises me.
   "I thought you had raw skill, so why worry?" Liam laughs, raising his eyebrows. "Fine." I say, crossing my arms. "Then I want to change my conditions. If I land it, you have to chug all of our cups."  Grinning I point at our cups, that are pretty much all still filled up two thirds with beer, except for two or three that the others already landed. That makes twelve cups of beer he'll have to drink. 
   "Do you want me to die?" Liam scoffs. "I'll do half of them." 
   "We don't do half around here." Zayn supports me and takes a sip from his cup. At least he is on my side here. "Can't you chose something else?" Liam whines and I roll my eyes at him. 
   "You're such a pussy. Then I suppose you'll have to go with taking off your ridiculous joggers for the rest of the night." I look at him with a devilish grin "Oh, and of course the first part. You know, admitting that I don't just have luck, but raw skill." Liam just shrugs. "Game on, Parker."