20

She tooke her shirt hem and raised it i saw my daughter's small stomach she hold my hand and place it above her little naked belly she was warm... i could feel her breathing and heartbeat
Then she lift her own shirt ...
I saw her stomach  filled with bruise  it was like a broken vase..
There were several old injuries ......
Both of Her rib cage were  filled with marks
"This one is from very first beating i got .i was 8 i don't know what i did to deserve this ... then she trailed her fingers to the left side i was not eating  the sweet cake mrs made me ... this one i don't remember. ...This one for acting on my own ... this one was for nothing ... this one was for reporting my bullies. ... this one was when i realized i am not there real daughter. ..
This one for acting like there daughter .."she wasn't crying but she was trying hard to make him believe. ..
She pulled down her clothing from her  neck and showed him  some scars of cigarette burn " these were from jack and Robert. .... "
Then she placed her hand on his hand on little girl stomach " do you think she will bear them"
Her body was small then my palm ... seeing mary like that gave me goosebump. . I have never saw a human like that... in such a bad condition  .. with so much bruise. ..
My eyes were filled with tears. ...
She started speaking again " karl would you let her suffer
like an orphan girl?....".. she was asking him
Please don't do that.. she was crying like a baby askimg for a toy...
She shake him by his arm "  tell me you won't? ?" She wasn't sane anymore ... "they couldn't succeed. ...Karl i never gave up because I thought of you. For past 8 years i never gave up thinking about the day you saved me from my bullies.  But now  i don't have that hope,  " ..." give her hope karl"
This was the last thing  she said before going into darkness. .and fell on the bed..
..
I was sitting lifeless. ... nany came in and took the girl from me... i saw a doctor rushing toward her..
She collapsed due to weakness and  shock. .
....
I was feeling like a loser..i always thought ... i can protect my own things but.... what i am.... i don't.. even know who is my person.....
What is mine. ... i was sitting in front of the bed ....
...
How can she love me for past 8 years....  i gave her hope.... when all i did was insulting her.... throwing her out of my life....
Jack.. burned her skin.... her father treated her like this..... they injured her.....  she slept on streets ....
Cold .... she was cold...
....

Realization hit me ... as i saw her sleeping on the bed an  IV was attached to her arm..
Her face was pale ... i saw all the suffering she had been through her life, on her face .. ....
...
after some sleep she woke up and called me.. i know what she was about to say... i warped myarms around her...
"Don't cry. .. " this is all i could say ... she relaxed in my arms ..." you won't " she hissed .
"i am sorry" i said hugging her tightly. " i won't abondene you" a tear of regret rolled down my face.
...