Umbra- 27

Short chapter today, sorry!

———————————————-————————————————————-

"I'll be okay soon."

Jungkook's words from that memory echo in Taehyung's mind as the boy comes out from the kitchen holding a bowl of banana chips and a carton of strawberry milk. He sits across from Taehyung and pops a chip in his mouth, offering one to his hyung.

"I'm good, thanks," Taehyung says, and stares at Jungkook while he eats, deep in thought.

The latter doesn't seem to notice, drinking his milk with a paper straw.

Taehyung looks at his watch; it's almost 5. He curses under his breath. Fucking economics class.

    He gives Jungkook a quick ruffle of his hair and grabs his bag, tugging on his boots. "I forgot I had a class today. I'll be back soon. Call me if you need me!" he calls behind his shoulder and rushes out, mumbling something about a report he forgot was due.

   The dorm is quiet.

   Jungkook stays where he is, looking at the door. It's the first time he's been completely alone since the night that man broke in. Taehyung had reluctantly gone back to class since last week upon his professors' warnings that he would fail at this rate, but Jungkook had avoided being alone all this time by talking with some of his peers and walking up and down the vendors street.

   He takes a deep, shaky breath, ears ringing, and tries to just focus on his food.

   Take a bite, chew, swallow, repeat.
   Take a bite, swallow-

   "ACK!" He chokes and coughs uncontrollably, reaching for his strawberry milk. It's empty. He gets up and hurries back into the kitchen.

   Don't think don't think don't think.

   He pours himself a glass of water and clumsily gulps it down, throat burning.

   Don't think don't think don't think don't think.

   Headache; the usual, except this time it's worse.

   No...

   Jungkook staggers into the bathroom and leans against the sink. He grips the sides, retching and gasping for air.

   Make it stop...

   Hyperventilation. He needs a bag. His head hurts even more now. Images flash through his mind; he didn't want to see them.

   DON'T TOUCH ME!

   A sob escapes Jungkook's lips, and he sinks to the floor. He huddles himself into a corner and wraps his arms around himself, trying to cover his mouth and nose with his shirt. Breathe. His inner thighs burn. The bruises have almost faded, but the pain is still there, a ghost pain.

   Don't leave me alone in the dark. It's so cold, I'm so numb...

   A flash of silver behind the sink catches his eye. He slowly crawls over to it. It's a spare razor blade, likely fallen out of Taehyung's medicine cabinet.

   He holds the blade up and examines it, dazed. He wants the pain to stop, to forget these suffocating memories. He tried to endure it, tried to ignore the everlasting pain and despair, but it's too much. He lost a friend and was tortured and violated by a man he didn't even know; coming back from that in one piece is something he can only wish he could do.

   I wish I could just run away from it all.