{Chapter 9}

The Mafia Leader Damien, Chapter 9: I could feel every eye on me...
~~~~~

Damien's pov:

The next day, I got ready to go to meet the builder. He was an old friend of my dad and when Crawford contacted him, he instantly agreed to work with us. We just had to tell him about the designs and what we wanted to remove or add in the house plan.

I put my watch on while I made my way downstairs. The boys were in the kitchen, talking to each other.

"I'm leaving," I informed them and they looked at me.

"Alright, but don't forget to come back early. We still need to look after the Wren guy in the basement." Crawford reminded me and I nodded.

"I'll be back before the night falls," I said and they nodded.

I made my way to my car and drove to Savannah's office, ready to see her again. I was surprised that she easily agreed to come with me to meet the builder.

I reached the office and parked. I walked to the counter and the girl looked up.

"Mr Russo, I'll inform Miss Savannah that you are here." She informed me and I nodded.

I waited patiently for Savannah to show up. There was a lot of girl on the ground floor and I could feel every eye on me. I ignored them and looked outside uninterested. I was only interested in one girl.

"Damien,"

I turned around and saw Savannah. She looked beautiful. Her outfit was simple yet beautiful.

She cleared her throat, clearly noticing me checking her out and I looked up at her

"A-are you ready to go?" She asked looking down.

"Let's go," I said and she nodded. We walked to my car and I drove to the location Zach put on the GPS.

Like yesterday, the ride was silent. I glanced at her multiple times and she didn't notice as she was looking outside.

We reached our destination and I parked on the side. I stepped out and so did she. We walked inside the building and made our way to the counter. Here also, there was a girl.

"H-hi, how can I help you?" She asked staring at me.

"Is Mr Watson here?" I asked and she nodded her eyes fixed on me. What's her problem?

"We are here to meet him. Where is his office?" Savannah asked, making the girl aware of her presence beside me. The girl turned to her and looked down.

"It's the third room on the second floor. The elevator is this way." She said pointing at my left.

Savannah and I made our way to the elevator and I press the second floor's button. We waited for a few seconds and stepped out.

"What room did she say?" I asked, looking at all the doors here. There was a lot.

"The third one," Savannah answered.

"Well, which one?" I asked as there were doors one both my left side and my right side.

"I don't know. This girl didn't even give us the proper direction." Savannah sighed, "Don't you have his number? Maybe you can call him and ask him."

"I think I have his number," I said and took out my phone. I look in my contact and I was hoping Crawford put the number in my phone. I sighed in relieved when I saw that I do have his number.

"I have it," I said and press call. I put the phone near my ear and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello? How can I help you?" He asked.

"It's Mr Russo. I'm currently in your building, on the second floor and I can't find your office." I stated and waited for him to reply. Instead of replying, the door to our left opened and Mr Watson came out.

"Mr Russo, I was waiting for you." He said and then turned to Savannah.

"Mr Watson." He said putting his hand forward.

"Miss. Ross." Savannah replied shaking his hand.

"Come in, have a seat."

He moved away from the door and both Savannah and I walked in. His office was plain and small. It had a window and a lot of paper on the floor.

"I was actually designing the plan for the orphanage and I made three different models. You can choose one or suggest your own ideas." He explained as he sat down on his leather chair.

"Can we look at the model?" Savannah asked beside me.

"Sure here, I only made three of them." He said handing us some paper. There was a gap between Savannah and I and it was difficult for both of us to look at the same paper as we were far from each other. I dragged the chair closer to Savannah and she handed me one of the plans.

"So this first one is simple. We would rebuild as it is right now. The size of the rooms will remain the same, the only difference would be that the building would be new." He explained and personally I didn't like this one. The rooms were too small for all of them. I glanced at Savannah and by the look on her face, I could tell she doesn't like it as well.

"What about this one," Savannah asked holding the other paper.

"This is the second one. In this model, we would make three big rooms where we can place many single-bed and the children can stay together. The only problem is that the property is quite small, so we will have to make the best of what we have." He explained and I looked at it. I kinda like this one more than the first one.

"So they won't have a backyard to play?" Savannah frowned when Mr Watsons nodded.

"We need a really big space for this one and we will have to eliminate the backyard." He said.

"What about the third one?" I asked.

"The third one is more like the first one. However, we will build a 3-floor building so that there is enough place for them. And the backyard will be there." He added and I looked at Savannah. She looked undecide.

Mr Watsons's phone vibrated and he took it.

"I'm sorry but I need to go downstairs to get a parcel. I'll be back really quick."

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah