{Chapter 3}

The Mafia Leader Damien, Chapter 3: My idiot twin still didn't make a move...
~~~~~

(Savannah's outfit⬆️)

Savannah's pov:

This morning, everything was hectic. Everyone in the office was hurrying to complete their work before 1 o'clock. We don't have any meeting today.

Today was the annual business party that every businessman and their family attend. Sometimes some of them bring their assistance as they don't really like their family being involved in those party since the media would be there.

Yesterday, dad informed everyone that they could go home at 1 o'clock and some of them were really relieved to have half of the day off.

Elijah and I were looking at some files when my office phone rang. I grabbed it and put it near my ear.

"Hello?"

It was Ashley from the front desk. She usually call us and inform us about who came to meet us or if our investors were here for our meetings.

"Yes Ashley," I replied, still looking at the files.

"Ms Laura is here to meet you." She answered.

Laura was one of my clients. She works as an assistant with Mr Wilson and we did a lot of projects together. She was only 19 years old. She stopped college at 15 years old to start working to get some money for her mother, who needed to do heart surgery. Unfortunately, her mother didn't make it through the operation and didn't survive. Laura didn't want to continue her education but instead continued to work with Mr Wilson.

Mr Wilson sees Laura as his own daughter. His wife and himself looked upon Laura like their own child. They don't have any kids. They always bring her to meet and greets or to any functions even if the media were present.

"Oh right, send her up," I replied and we both hang up.

"I thought you said you don't have any meetings today," Elijah asked and I looked at him. He wasn't looking at me as he was looking at his mobile phone.

"I don't. It's just Laura." I replied and his head snapped up. I raised an eyebrow as he stood up and pulled all the files in the corner of the table.

"Well, I'll let you both alone. Call me when she's gone."

Before I could stop him or even talk, he was already out of my office. I chuckled and went back to work. Elijah like Laura but he doesn't want to admit it. He wouldn't talk to her if she was with me or with dad. That's why, sometimes I lie to Laura that I need to go to the front desk to submit some paper and whenever I come back, she would be in Elijah's office.

The cute thing was that even Laura like him but she was waiting for Elijah to ask her out. My idiot twin still didn't make any move.

I heard a knock and when I looked up, Laura was standing near the door with a lot of files in her hands. My eyes widened and I went to help her to carry half of it.

"Why did you bring so much?" I asked as we put all of that on my table.

"It contains all the records of our last project and we need to check on them." She answered sitting down on the chair. She looked really tired.

"Did you spent all day collecting those records?" I asked curiously.

"No," she replied and I was relieved. I know her and I also know that she can spend a whole day working on one thing to make it better.

"I spent a whole night to collect them." She added and I sighed.

Guess she did it again...

"Why? We have two weeks before the deadline. You could have taken all your time." I said and she shrugged.

"I wanted to be over with these for once. Mr Wilson is trying to get another project and it looks really big. I might spend all my time on the new one and I would have forgotten about these ones." She explained and I sighed.

"Well, I'll look at these files later. It's almost 1 o'clock and the office will close soon. Are you coming to the party tonight?" I asked leaning my butt on the edge of the table.

"Yeah, Mrs Wilson bought me a dress... again." She smiled and I chuckled.

"Guess I'll see you there then... and so will Elijah." I teased and she rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, where is he?" She asked curiously.

"In his office," I replied and she nodded.

"Unfortunately I don't have any file to submit to the front desk today, so you will have to wait till tonight to meet him," I added and she looked away smiling.

She did figure it out that I would deliberately leave the office so that she could meet Elijah.

"I-I... I think I should leave now." She murmured and I chuckled.

"He is not even here and you are so shy. How do you even talk to him?" I asked.

"I don't know, we just talk like old friends whenever we are alone." She admitted and I nodded.

"Hopefully at the party, you both will have some time alone and talk," I said and she nodded.

"I hope so too." She said and stood up, "I should really get going now. I need to go to the office one more time before I go home."

We hugged before she left my office. I grabbed my bag and grabbed my phone before making my way to Elijah's office. I knocked and walked in. He was cleaning his office.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Almost, did you ask dad?" He asked and I shake my head no.

"I'm going to ask him," I said and he nodded. I walked to dad's office and knocked. I heard a 'come in' and opened the door.

"Hey dad, are you ready to go home?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'm done. I was going to call you and Elijah." He said standing up. He grabbed his things and Elijah came to meet us in dad's office. We all left the office and went home.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah