{Chapter 28}

The Mafia Leader Chapter 28: I need to talk to Damien...
~~~~~

Savannah's pov:

It was now 1 pm and I was in my office, doing my usual work. It's been one week since Damien revealed everything to me and one week since we kissed. He didn't come to the office again and I didn't see him at all.

He does text me when he's free and it was always at night. As he said, he put a bodyguard to look after. Every time I looked out of the window from my office, I could see him, standing on the other side of the road. Sometimes, he would sit and drink some coffee while looking after me from the distant. He always wears a casual outfit so that he can easily hide among the people around him.

Whenever I would go out, he would follow us. But he never interrupted me in my work or make himself aware. Sometimes, I would forget that he was watching over me. Elijah did notice him twice but he didn't pay much attention to him.

I heard the phone rang and I grabbed it.

"Yes?" I said.

"Your parcel is here, do you want me to bring it to you or-?

"No, I'll come to pick it," I said.

"Ok,"

We hang up and I made my way to the ground floor. I walked to the desk and grabbed the parcel. All the paper I used to print my work were over so I had to buy new papers.

I turned to leave when someone called my name. I turned around and I was surprised to see Luke.

"Hi, I hope you didn't forget me." He smiled lightly.

"Hi, no I didn't. I still remember you." I chuckled.

"That's great. I'm actually here to meet your dad." He said while running his fingers in his hair.

"Well, I'll take you to him," I suggested and he nodded.

"Yes please."

We both made our way to the elevator.

"So won't you ask me why I need your dad?" He asked leaning on the side of the elevator.

"Should I?" I asked confused and he rolled his eyes.

"Well, I'll tell you anyway. My dad is organising a party tonight and he's inviting every businessman and their family to attend it. And I hope to see you there." He pointed out. The door of the elevator opened and we stepped out.

"At what time does it start?" I asked as we made our way to dad's office.

"At seven o'clock." He replied.

I was about to knock on dad's door when Elijah called my name. I turned around and he was looking at Luke with an unreadable expression.

"Elijah, this is Luke and Luke this is Elijah, my brother." I introduced them and they both handshake.

"Can I talk to you?" Elijah asked me and I looked at Luke.

"Go, I'll meet your dad." He said and I nodded.

Elijah and I walked to my office and he closed the door behind him.

"Who is he?" Elijah asked as soon as the door closed.

"A friend I guess, I met him at the annual party," I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"And what is he doing here?" He asked.

"Inviting us to his dad's party," I replied and he frowned.

"Another party?" He asked and I nodded.

"And it's tonight," I added.

"Hmmm, interesting." He said, rubbing his non-existing beard.

I sat down on my chair and Elijah made himself comfortable on the chair in front of me.

"Anyway, how's life?" Elijah asked and I raised an eyebrow at his question

"What's up with you?" I asked and he shrugged.

"How's Damien? It's being long since he came here. Did you two have a fight?" He asked while observing my expression.

"No, we didn't," I rolled my eyes.

"So things are better between you two now? Like did you kiss? Hold hands? Maybe did it in his office?" He asked and I glared at him.

"I'll reply to that once you asked Laura out," I stated firmly and he sighed.

"Guess I should be leaving now." He said standing up. Why can't he talk about? He walked out and let the door opened.

I sighed and went back to work.

----

"Can I come in?"

I looked up and saw Luke standing in front of the door.

"Yeah, come in," I replied and he walked in. He sat in front of me and put his file on the table. He looked up at me with an unreadable expression.

"How did it go?" I asked breaking the awkward silence and he shrugged.

"Your dad's nice." He responded, "He said that you will all attend it."

"Yeah, we will," I replied.

"Anyway, how come there is a bodyguard outside?" He asked all of a sudden. It came out as if he was demanding me to answer.

I didn't know what to reply? How did he notice him? The bodyguard wasn't even wearing his suit, so how did he know he was a bodyguard?

"A bodyguard? What are you talking about?" I lied, acting confused. He stared at me for a few seconds, to see if I was lying.

"So you don't know that there is someone watching over you?" He inquired, raising an eyebrow.

How the fuck did he know that?

"What are you talking about? How do you know that there is a bodyguard watching over me?" I asked and he stood up. I watched as he walked to the window and looked out, his hand in his pockets.

"Come here," he ordered looking outside.

"Say that nicely and I will," I stated, not liking the tone he was using. He glanced at me and nodded.

"Come here please."

I cautiously walked beside him.

"See the guy in the red top? He's the bodyguard that is watching you." He said and I knew he was talking at the same bodyguard. I looked down and he was sitting, reading his newspaper.

"He doesn't look like a bodyguard. He might just be here for the coffee. Their's coffees are the best." I shrugged.

Hopefully, this will make him leave this topic.

"Then why is he looking here?" He asked, looking right at me.

"There are a lot of women in this building, maybe he found someone he liked," I said and he remained silent.

"Alright, I need to leave now. See you at the party." He said, walking to the door. He closed it behind him and I sighed relieved that he was gone.

I need to talk to Damien...

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah