{Chapter 26}

The Mafia Leader Damien, Chapter 26: He was afraid that I would run away...
~~~~~

Savannah's pov:

Those words must have me run away from him and never turn back to him but here I am, waiting for him to explain further. It must be something important since he decided to reveal this to me.

"Besides being a successful businessman, I'm also a Mafia leader." He started, "It's been a long time since I work since I work in both profession. Remember the incident with Mr Lewis? Remember how he got scared by hearing my name? It was only because he knew who I was. He knew I was heartless and cold and that I kill without thinking twice."

I might not know Damien for too long but I know he wasn't that heartless. He had a soft spot which made him want to do that orphanage and helped the poor children who had needed it.

And about being cold, I only saw this reaction when Mr Lewis was making me uncomfortable. Damien only reacted to Mr Lewis bad aspect and made him stop.

"I'm surprised that you are still here and didn't run out of the door." He said lowly and I frowned.

"Please say something Savannah, your silence is killing me." He admitted.

"I'm not going to run away from you because you didn't give me a reason to." I began, "And I don't think that you are heartless. If you were, you wouldn't have help the children of the orphanage."

He gazed at me as I talked.

"You only see my safe side, you didn't see my bad side yet," he said firmly but I could hear the sadness in his voice.

"And what's that going to change?" I asked crossing my arm around my chest.

"Everything. You won't see me the same. You will hate me. You didn't run out now but when you will see my bad side, I'm sure you will." He gave me a weak smile.

He was afraid that I would run away...

"I'm not. Damien, even if you have two sides you already choose one. The one that you want. If you wanted to be cold and heartless for your whole life, you wouldn't have done anything for some poor children, you wouldn't have taken me on two dinners or help me when Mr Lewis was trying to get his way on me." I blurt out everything that crossed my mind.

"Do you really mean everything that you just said?" He asked making his way toward me.

"I do," I replied sincerely.

"So you won't run when I will show you my basement?" He asked daring me to say no.

"I won't," I said, looking right in his eyes, hoping that he will see that I wasn't lying.

He closed the distance between us and stopped a few meters away from me. He reached out and intertwined our fingers before he started to drag me out. He wasn't walking fast so that I could follow him.

Many of the guys in the mansion was looking at us while Damien was taking me to whatever he wanted to show me. He stopped by an elevator and we walked inside. He pressed the button and after a few minutes, we stepped out.

It was really dark here. There was some light in the middle, creating a path for us to follow. I wrapped my other hand around Damien's forearm as I started to feel goosebumps.

He stopped and I looked in front of me. He clicked on a light and a gasp escaped my lips. There was a lot of blood everywhere. There was a guy tied up in the middle and two other guys were beating him to death. He could barely breathe and the two guys looked barely tired.

They stopped when they spotted Damien.

"Boss," they both greeted Damien and glanced at me.

"Don't stop, continue," Damien said coldly beside me. They both went back to beating him. Damien turned to the side and we went to another cell. He showed me a lot of his prisoner and the way he tortures them. Every time I saw one of them, I kept in mind that Damien was torturing them for a reason.

And we were back to his office. I remained silent, trying to process everything in my mind. He didn't talk either. He just leaned against the wall, his hand in his pocket and gazed at me.

"Care to share some of your thoughts." He said lowly.

"Why? Why are you telling me all this today?" I asked, looking at him.

"Those emails you are receiving, they are not some normal emails. Your life is in danger." He stated and I was lost of words. My life was in danger...

"I've received my letter the morning I left for the meeting abroad. When I reached there, I learned that some psycho was kidnaping a lot of the Mafia leader's girl forcing them to step out of the Mafia." He explained and I frowned.

"I'm only protecting you. I told you everything today because I know you deserve to know what's happening around you. And that you might get more threats from others too." He sighed.

"Why are you helping? Why are you wasting your time on me when you could have ignored everything." I dare to ask him. He stared at me for a solid 3 minutes before he moved away from the wall and made his way to me. He didn't stop till he successfully caged me between the table and him.

"Because since I've laid my eyes on you, I've promised myself that I would look after you and protect you from everyone." He stated, his face dangerously close to mine.

"W-why?" I managed to ask.

He didn't reply to me but instead, he started to lean in, making my heart beating fast in my chest. My hands were on my side, on the table, gripping it tightly. He put one of his hand on my cheek and made me look at him. He leaned and crashed his lips on mine.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah