{Chapter 44}

The Mafia Leader Damien, Chapter 44: She's a keeper...
~~~~~

Savannah's pov:

I was really grateful that Elijah bought me some clothes. When he turned around, I glanced around me and quickly changed my outfits.

 When he turned around, I glanced around me and quickly changed my outfits

Elijah was waiting for me. Once he noticed that I changed, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and squeezed it, reassuringly.

"Let's go inside."

We walked back to the emergency hallway. Dad was talking to Zach and Crawford while mom was sitting with Paigne on the chairs. Dad noticed us walking toward them and stopped talking. He made his way toward me and pulled me in his arms.

"Thank god, you're okay Savannah." He murmured in my hair.

I felt another hand rubbing my back and I turned to see mom smiling weakly at me.

"We'll have to thanks Damien for that." She said firmly and dad nodded.

"Savannah?"

I pulled away from dad and looked at Crawford.

"I know it's not the best moment to ask you that but I have to." He started, "We caught Ian and he is in the basement. What do you want us to do with him."

"Me?" I asked, surprised that he was asking me that.

"Yes, Damien usually takes these kinds of decision but tonight it's your decision. What do you want us to do?" He asked again.

Everyone was looking at me, waiting for my answer. I didn't know what to reply... What should they do to Ian?

"As you said, Damien usually takes these decisions and he will take this one too... once he's awake. For the meantime, let him in the basement." I replied and he nodded.

"What about Luke?" Zach asked.

"Keep them together," I said and they nodded.

Crawford was about to tell me something else when the doctor came out of the operating room. We immediately walked to him.

"He's fine." He said and I sighed in relieved.

"He got three stitches and he will have to come back to remove those after some weeks. For now, he needs to rest a lot. He is still unconscious since he lost a lot of blood." The doctor explained.

"Can we meet him?" Crawford asked and the doctor shakes his head no.

"Not now, we will shift him to another room and then you will be able to see him and talk to him." The doctor said.

"However, since he was shoot, we will have to report to the police station. It is a procedure for the hospital." He added and both Crawford and Zach glanced at each other.

-----

We were now in Damien's room. Mom, dad, Elijah and Paigne already left since it was now 2 am. Zach convinced Crawford to go home and relaxed since he was injured too.

Damien was still unconscious. He was laying on the bed shirtless, with a large bandage around his stomach. He was hooked up to some machines beside him. I sat on the chair beside the bed and grabbed one of his hand.

"Why don't you rest on the couch? I'll look after him." Zach suggested and I shake my head no.

"I'm good here, you can rest on the couch," I said and he sighed.

"Alright, but if you feel tired or uncomfortable please wake me up." He stated and I nodded.

He walked to the couch and laid down. He put one of his arms on his eyes and rest. I looked back at Damien. I pulled his hand up and gave a light kiss on his hand.

Damien's pov:

My body felt sore. My stomach and my side were hurting like a bitch. I slowly open my eyes, groaning as the lights were blinding. I looked around and found myself in a room, surrounded with white wall. I looked to my side and frowned.

Savannah was sleeping near my leg while sitting on a chair. Her one hand were holding mine while she used the other one as a pillow. I looked around and found Zach on the couch.

I tried to move and hissed loudly when I accidentally press my side.

"What the-Damien."

I looked at Savannah and she was looking at me relieved. She stood up and wrapped her arm around my neck gently. I reached out to grab her waist with my right hand. Thank god it didn't hurt that bad.

"You scared the hell out of me." She murmured and kissed my cheek.

"I didn't mean to do it," I admitted looking at her beautiful eyes. Her eyes were filled with tears.

"I thought I was seriously going to lose you." She murmured softly.

"I'm sorry," I said sincerely and she shakes her head no.

"It's not your fault. It's because of them that this happened to you." She said angrily.

Speaking of them...

"Savannah, did Luke try anything on you? Did he touch you or di-"

"Relax, he was unconscious before he could do anything to me. I'm fine." She explained and I sighed in relieved.

"What time is it?" I asked as it was already day outside.

"It's at 9 am." She said after checking her phone.

"When can I go out from here?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I don't know. The doctor said that he will check on you at noon." She said and I nodded. I noticed that she changed her clothes and were now in a hoodie and a sweatpant.

"You're up!"

We looked toward the couch and Zach was looking at me relieved.

"I need to use the bathroom, I'll be right back," Savannah said, standing up. Once Savannah went to the bathroom, Zach to her place.

"How are you feeling?" He asked concerned.

"A bit sore," I replied.

"Yeah, the doctor said that you have to rest. A lot." He said emphasizing on the last part.

"How's Crawford?" I asked when I noticed that he wasn't in the room with us.

"He's good. I convinced him to go home and rest. He will come by through." Zach answered and I nodded. I glanced at the bathroom door, waiting for Savannah to come out.

"She's a keeper."

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah