{Chapter 19}

The Mafia Leader Damien, Chapter 19: who the hell was I.R?
~~~~~

Damien's pov:

I woke up at 6:30 am. I already packed my clothes yesterday when I left Savannah home. I went to my bathroom and took a shower. I dressed up and got ready to get on my flight.

I walked downstairs and found only Zach in the living room.

"Where is Crawford?" I asked and he pointed at the back room.

"He'll be here soon," Zach said and I nodded. I sat on one of the couch and took out my phone. I was surprised to see that I got a new message from Savannah.

Have a safe flight-S

A smile appeared on my face when I read it. It was sent a few minutes ago. Did she wake up this early to send that?

"You are whipped."

I looked up and saw Zach shaking his head while looking at me. I was about to reply when Crawford walked in.

"I set up all the cameras," Crawford informed me and I nodded.

"I also received a letter this morning," Crawford said and I looked at him confused.

"What letter?" I asked and he put his hand in his suit, taking out the letter. He handed it to me and I opened it.

Everyone has a weakness, in your case she isn't even aware of your bad side. It's your fault that she's going to pay for your acts. Poor innocent thing.
Have a nice trip,
See you soon
I.R

My mind went directly to Savannah. I hope she was alright. And who the hell was I.R? How does he know about Savannah?

"I read it and I don't know who he is. I checked the security camera, but I didn't see anything." Crawford explained. Zach stood up and grabbed the letter from my hand. I glanced at the clock and it was 6:45 am. My flight was at 7 am.

"I'll cancel this trip," I stated and they glanced at each other.

"You can't do that. You know how this works. The others will take this as disrespect and they might turn their back on you." Zach said and I sighed, knowing he was right.

"Well, what do I do? I can't bring her with me... not yet." I said and they thought about it.

"How about I stay here? I'll look after her while you're gone." Zach suggested.

"That would be better. You can have 5 bodyguards with you, just in case anything happens." Crawford said and Zach nodded.

"Nothing will happen. If they try anything on her while I'm gone, that would be a coward move. And whoever this I.R is, I'll find him soon. Really soon." I promised.

"Don't worry bro, I'll look at her," Zach stated and I nodded.

"Keep me inform on everything that happens," I said and he nodded.

Crawford and I walked to the car and sat down.

Savannah's pov:

I was now in the office, looking at my emails. There was one that caught my attention.

Be careful who you trust, not everyone who smiles at you is your friend.
-I.R

I was trying to think about what that could mean but I had no idea. Maybe someone mistakenly sends this to me. I ignored this one and went to another email.

Wall has ears, Door has eyes, Trees have voice, Beast tell lies, Beware the rain, Beware the snow, Beware the man you think you know.
-I.R

That was creepy. Who would send that? What does that even mean? I log out of my laptop and went to my files. Maybe someone is playing around...

The door opened and I looked up. I was surprised to see Zach walking inside.

"Hi," he said cheerfully.

"Hi, I thought you went with Damien," I said and he shrugged.

"He wanted me to go with him but I have some unfinished business here," Zach explained making his way to the chair in front of me and sat down.

"Well, what brings you here?" I asked, closing the file and put it away.

"I need your help." He said and I nodded, letting him continue, "I want to meet Garett."

My eyes widened at that.

"You want me to make you meet Garett," I asked and he nodded.

"Hmm, interesting," I smirked and he chuckled.

"The guys will be gone for a few days, so why not take a few steps ahead." He shrugged and I smiled.

"When do you want to meet him?" I asked leaning on the table.

"Maybe in 20 minutes," he said and my eyes widened, "I mean if he isn't busy."

"I don't know, I need to call him," I said and he nodded.

"Go ahead." He said and leaned in the chair. He really doesn't want to waste any time. I took the office phone and dialled Garett's number.

"Put it on speaker." He mouthed and I chuckled. I put it on speaker and waited for him to pick up.

"What's up Savy?" He asked as soon as he picked up.

"Hey, what are you up to?" I asked.

"Nothing just woke up. Why did you call? You need anything?" He asked and I looked at Zach.

"Don't tell him, I'm here." He murmured and I nodded.

"Yeah, I actually need you to come to my office," I said and waited for him to reply.

"Like right now?" He asked confused.

"Yeah," I said looking at Zach.

"If he isn't busy." Zach murmured.

"I mean if you are not busy," I said and waited for Garett to reply.

"No, I'm not busy but Prescott is still sleeping-"

"No, I just need you," I said interrupting him.

"Alright, I'll be there in 20 minutes." He agreed and I smiled.

"Good, I'll wait for you," I said and heard him chuckled.

"I don't know what you are up to but it better be good," Garett said and I chuckled.

"You are single right?" I asked and his reply was instant.

"Yes," He replied and I looked at Zach. He smirked, leaning in the chair.

"Good, see you then."

"See you."

I hung up and Zach sighed happily.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah