{Chapter 14}

The Mafia Leader Damien, Chapter 14: Will you have dinner with me?
~~~~~

Savannah's pov:

The day finally comes to an end. Crawford and Zach left hours ago and Damien didn't come in the office again. Prescott and Garett stayed a little longer and we talked a lot. They wanted to do another night out like we did last week. However, we need to call everyone to see when they are free so that we can actually plan everything.

Right now I was arranging my papers, getting ready to leave the office. I pick my handbag and grabbed my keys. My phone was already in my pocket. I was about to turn off the lights when I felt my phone vibrating.

I took it out of my pocket and I was surprised to see Damien calling me. I glanced at the clock and it was 6:30 pm. I slid the answer and pick up.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi," he replies firmly, "Are you free right now?"

"I'm actually leaving the office right now," I answered and waited for his reply. There was a long silence and I had to remove the phone from my ear to check if he didn't hang up.

"Will you have dinner with me?" He asked and I was shocked.

Was he asking me out?

"I need to make up for whatever happens this evening." He said and I bit my lips. I do want to know why he was so silent and cold this evening.

"S-sure," I replied.

"Great, I'm actually outside your building. Do you want me to come in?" He said making my eyes widened.

"Y-you are outside?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah..." he trailed off.

"I'll come to you," I said.

"Ok, see you."

"See you."

I hang up and sighed. Since when was he outside? And what if I had to say no to the dinner?

I turned off the light and walked to Elijah's office.

"Hang on sis, I'll be done in 10 minutes." He answered not looking up.

"Actually Eli, I'm going out for dinner," I said and he looked up at me.

"With who?" He asked curiously.

"Damien," I replied.

"You are going on a date with him!?" He asked shocked.

"W-what. No! It's just dinner." I replied and he raised an eyebrow.

"Right," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"He's outside, I'm going. Bye." I said and he chuckled.

"Alright, have a nice night and enjoy your dinner. Don't forget protections." He smirked and for some reason, the idea of Damien and I, doing any of these kinds made my cheeks heat up. I glared at him and throw the pillows on his couch on him.

"Shut up." I hissed and he just smiled.

I left his office and went to the elevator. Once I reached the ground floor, I made my way outside. Ashley and the other employees already left the office. I instantly saw his car parked on the side.

I opened the door and sat down.

"Hi," I said as I put my seatbelt on.

"Hi," he replied.

"Where are we going," I asked as I had no idea where he was taking me.

"To a restaurant. It's not too far from here." He said and I nodded.

The rest of the ride was comfortable. There was light music playing in the background.

----

We reached the restaurant and we walked inside. It was really big and luxury.

"Reservation for Mr Russo." He said to the counter boy.

He did a reservation?

"Yes, follow me, Sir."

We followed the guy and walked to the back of the restaurant. It was more calm and private here. I sat down and put my bag beside me.

"Please tell us when you are ready to order." He said and we nodded. We took the menu and looked at the options.

"Do you like seafood?" He asked looking up from the menu.

"No, but I can eat it," I replied.

"You hate it?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I don't hate it but it's just not for me," I said and he nodded.

We both ordered our food which was not seafood. The waiter took the order and took the menu back with him. He served us some water while we waited for the food.

There was an awkward silence between us. Damien keeps looking at his water in front of him while I looked around. I wanted to ask him about what happened earlier but what if it was too early? We just reach the restaurant... but we don't have anything else to talk about...

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked breaking the silence. He looked up confused.

"No, what are you talking about?" He frowned.

"Well, you look kinda annoyed when you met Garett and Prescott. If you don't want them to do the interior, I can call them and tell them-"

"Wait, listen to me." He interrupted me. He said leaning on his elbow on the table.

"Yes I was a little annoyed when I met came to your office but the reasons are different-"

"What was the reasons?" I asked curiously and he sighed.

"It's nothing important and I do want them to do the decor. I saw what Crawford and Zach choose and I like all the ideas." He said firmly, his eyes locked with mine.

"Are you sure? We can change-"

"No, everything is good. No need to do more changes and I'm sorry if I looked rude during the whole meeting." He apologized.

"Sir, your food."

We turned to our side and saw the waiter with our plates. He put it in front of us and I grabbed my fork.

"Oh, and before I forget, tomorrow I'm meeting up with the owner of the land in front of the orphanage

"Oh, and before I forget, tomorrow I'm meeting up with the owner of the land in front of the orphanage. Zach was able to get a meeting with him and it's early in the morning. Do you want to come with me?" He asked and I nodded.

"Sure, where are you meeting him?" I asked.

"In his office. It's like 30 minutes drive from your office."

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah