Chapter 18

R o s a l i e

Everyone gasps, shocked to their bones. Marco screams, tears flooding his eyes, "LUCIFER!!". Vincenzo stays grounded staring at the blown up warehouse, shocked, not knowing whether to stay calm or extremely cry. Marco runs to Vincenzo and shakes him, sobbing uncontrollably, "HE'S GONE ENZO! LUCIFER W-WAS IN THERE! HE'S GONE!..." he hugs Vincenzo tightly and sobs into his chest. Vincenzo doesn't hug him and just stands still. He then comes back to reality and hugs Marco tightly, stroking his hair and whispering,
"Shhh..." a small tear rolling down his rosy cheeks. He holds Marco's hand and takes him to the SUV.

The mud coloured clouds droop over the mansion, small raindrops splattering across the atmosphere. Once they enter through the gates of the mansion, Vincenzo's mind floods with what he's going to say to Rosalie. He gets out of the SUV and holds his hand out for Marco. Marco holds his hand and walks towards the mansion slowly with his head low. They enter the mansion and Rosalie runs towards them, "how did it go?!". Marco lets go of Vincenzo's hand and walks down the corridor towards his room. Vincenzo stands there silently in front of her, his mouth zipped up, not knowing what to say. Rosalie looks behind him and starts to get confused, "Where's Lucifer?.."

Vincenzo stays silent.

Rosalie starts to raise her voice, "I said! Where's. Lucifer!". Vincenzo tries to conceal his shaken voice,
"He... r-rosalie you may want to sit down..."
"What happened?! Is he okay?! Vince.. please tell me he's okay.." Rosalie started to worry.

"He... fuck!" He ran his hands up his face to his hair and sighed, "the warehouse blew up after the guys left. He-he was inside."

Rosalie goes silent, her pink lips partially separated, in shock. Her eyes start to tear up and she feels like she can't breathe. She screams and collapses onto the floor. She grips onto her shirt and pulls it, balling her eyes out, trying not to accept it. "No! No no no! He's alive Vincenzo! He's-he's with you!" She looks up and forces a smile whilst tears continuously roll down her soft cheeks, "you're playing a prank on me! Y-you're playing games aren't you?" Vincenzo shakes his head with a tear rolling down his cheek. She gets up and runs outside the mansion and looks around, full of adrenaline. Rosalie screams, "LUCIFER!" begging for air to fill her lungs, she crashes onto the gravel and cries loudly, her screams and sobs filling up the atmosphere. She could physically feel her heart break into a million pieces. Vincenzo walks towards her and kneels down behind her. He wraps her in a scarf and hugs her from the behind whispering, "shhh... it's going to be okay...".