Chapter 22

R o s a l i e

It had been 5 months since Rosalie had stepped into the mafia. At first, as much as everyone was shocked with the reveal of her real identity they also felt that they could overtake the empire. Lucifer's empire. However, Rosalie never let them. She was fierce, strategic and negotiable, generally born to be a businesswoman.

Her bump had grown but Vincenzo and Marco made sure her pregnancy was the most secret thing ever, so that her and the baby wouldn't be in danger.

She distracted herself with the work most of the time, never being able to grieve properly because not only had he left her, he had left her with a part of him. A part of him that would be a forever part of her. She had been warned about stress and that it would affect the baby but as much as she tried her best to keep it all in line, her head was all over the place. She still couldn't accept his death, so she moved. She left the mansion because she had to. She saw him wherever she went. Left and right. She smelt his cologne where she went.

She was surrounded by him.

At first Vincenzo and Marco didn't agree, taking in mind the dangers she had coming from the exposure of her identity. The golden mystery of all time wasn't she? She begged them and finally they allowed it but with some terms and conditions. To visit the mansion every Tuesday, since it had been a tradition for years within the family, to always have security around the house and with her wherever she goes, to always keep phones turned on and to have another person living with her. She decided to ask Emma to be roommates again.

Emma was all she had for years, in a way she was more than a friend to her. She was her sister.

—————

She walked downstairs after her shower, smelling the sweet smell of pancakes. She smiled and looked at Emma flipping the pancakes, "you woke up early?" Emma looked at her and blowed a small kiss as Rosalie sat on a stool,
"Couldn't sleep much" She a small moment later put a plate of pancakes in front of her,
"The baby wanted these today as well haha" Rosalie said.

Emma sat down next to her and drizzled some syrup on hers, "how long will you say 'the baby' Rosalie? You're 7 months pregnant-" Emma turned her face to her and held her hand "-admit it. You're having a baby girl! We need to pick a name no? We can't just call my niece then baby' as much as you didn't want this".

Rosalie sighed and put her fork down and turned to her, "I know we need to think of names but I just.. it feels wrong doing this without him. I feel sorry for her-" she stroked her bump and looked down before looking up at Emma "-she'll never know her father, Ems. She'll be like me.. yes I had a biological father but I grew up without one, you know". Emma gave a sad smile before putting a piece of pancake in Rosalie's mouth,
"But Lucifer would've wanted you to be healthy and happy. All this grief and stress is bad for her. Eat up, we'll talk about this later okay?". Rosalie nodded and continued to eat.

Once Emma left for work, Rosalie went to her office to start her day. She sat down in her soft desk chair and turned on her laptop, once she looked at her emails, she video called Vincenzo for a small meeting about the company and the mafia. Vincenzo's eyes lit up seeing Rosalie, he had missed her a lot. The mansion felt so empty without her. "Hey there, Gorgeous! How've you been!" She smiled,
"We're okay, Emma is looking after us very well" she chuckled. They talked for about half an hour before Rosalie slowly started getting uncomfortable. She ended their meeting early and decided to stop working for a little while to rest.

She stood up from her chair with one hand on her bump, "don't you try this now, it's too early". As she passed her mahogany desk and left the room slowly, the pains increased and she felt a hot liquid go down her leg.

She muttered "shit.." under her breath and sat on a chair and shouted, "ROMEO!". Her bodyguard Romeo ran in with a gun pointed within seconds. He lowered his gun when he saw her alone sitting there in pain. He rushed to her and realised her trousers were wet. He held her hands and pulled her up gently before holding her by her shoulder,
"Let's get to the car, Signora..". He helped her get in and got her household helper to bring the bag they had made. She winced in pain as Romeo drove to the hospital,
"It-it's too early Romeo.. she shouldn't come out now! Fuck.."
"Just try to relax, Signora. We're very close..." he replied.

She was going insane, the pain increased every minute, contractions increasing, the fear of her baby being born prematurely raised her heartbeat. Once they were by the doors, her doctor and his team was outside. Romeo carried her out of the SUV and put her on the bed as they rolled her quickly into the Labour Room.