Chapter 19

2 weeks later, Rosalie's POV.

Death. A part of nature. A part of nature that I never wanted to accept.

He promised me that he would be careful.. god he promised me that he would come back. But now look at us. Where is he? His scent still lingers on the sheets, on his clothes, in the room; I can still feel his touch in my cold body. As I lay in the bed, cuddling his pillow, taking in his musky scent, I think of how we became "us". How he became mine. I haven't gone out since that goddamn day. Vince brought food and I barely touched it. Even Marco tried to force me to eat and even then I could see the pain within his eyes.

The funeral is today.

I need to get up, I need to get up, I need to get up. I can't. My feet fail me; it's like my body just wants to sink into a deep ocean and never come out. Vincenzo knocks on the door and I continue to hug his pillow tightly. Since that day, I haven't talked properly; just a yes or a no. He enters the room after realising there's no point of knocking on the door and sits on the edge of my bed, strokes my hair and kisses my forehead. The way Lucifer would've, but he could never be Lucifer. He whispers, "it's the funeral today, sweetheart... I know you're not feeling well but you still need to go... I mean lucifer would want that no?..". His name is like a melody to my ears; my eyes tear up at the mention of his name but I swallow my emotions down and keep it to myself. I nod and he holds my hand, supporting me whilst he leads me to get up paternally whispering, "there we go...".

Once we enter the closet, he sits me down and hands me my dress. I look down at the dress and start to sob, the tears continuing to roll down my rosy cheeks as I gasp for air. I can't control myself.

I want him. I need him.

Vincenzo hugs me and then helps me undress and put my dress on as I continue to sob, "cry rosalie. Cry. It's the only way you'll feel better". He brushes my hair gently and then wipes my tears with a tissue before letting me apply some light makeup on my face. He holds my hand and slowly takes me out of the room and to the SUV. I sit at the back with Marco and rest my head on his shoulder, Marco whispers to me, "he loved you. I've never seen Lucifer love anyone or anything more than he has loved you". I got myself to respond softly,
"I wanted someone to love me like that for years and it so happened to be him".

We reached the cemetery and I got out with Vince's support. The minute I got out of the SUV, many men's eyes lay on me. The Fiancée. The damsel in distress. I walked gracefully towards my seat at the front with my head low and sat, trying so hard to conceal my emotions. After the priests's speech I squeezed Vince's hand and whispered, "I want to make a speech..". His eyes widened a bit and then nod. I got up slowly and took my piece of paper. I stood in front of the crowd and stared at my paper before clearing my voice and starting to read.

"The first time I met Lucifer, I felt my heart glow.." my voice started to break and small drops of tears slid down my cheeks, "I still.." I started to sniffle and tried to stop crying but couldn't, I looked at Vincenzo and he quickly came over and took the paper from me to read it.

"I still remember the clothes I was wearing. It was a white dress with an apron wrapped around my waist. Lucifer was wearing his everyday navy blue suit, his hair slicked back and his watch ticking. Lucifer melted my heart, he was so handsome and the way he smiled sent butterflies to my stomach. But i didn't love him because of his extraordinary looks, I loved him because deep inside he was the kindest and sweetest man I had ever met. I am grateful for every moment we shared and for the privilege of loving him... because I never knew I could love someone so much...".

I stood next to him, sobbing as he hugged me tightly once he finished. He supported me towards the grave. Once the casket was buried many people cane over to say "sorry for your loss". It felt like everything was going so slow around me, I felt the world spin around me. Is this because of all the stress? I'm fine. I'm fine. I started to lose my balance and the world faded into midnight black.