Chapter 10

Ch 9. -  DAMIEN LUCAS ROMANOV (above)  POV

As I stood behind the group of people looking at the reception of this small group from Red Moon pack I realized two things. Anna was Xavier’s true mate and Juliet and Tyler know each other. I volunteered to return with Xavier to help with the rogue situation.

In my 24 years, never has the rogue situation ever been this serious, they obviously have someone leading them which is unusual for rogues. There was more to this than just rogues attacking various packs. They were looking for someone or something and I intend to find out soon. The rogues seem to be getting desperate and with that their killings have brutal and endless.
It seems that not only will I have to sort out the rogue situation but also Juliet’s deception. What was she up to? I have known her since she was young and I was there for her when she lost her mate. Her pain was real, I also know Xavier is not her second chance mate so why claim him to be?

As I look across the group I feel a bit jealous of Xavier, his Mate Anna is not only beautiful but strong and loyal as well. I can’t help wishing she was mine but I know that if or when I find my mate I will be rejecting her. My parents will never let me accept someone who is not of Royal Blood or high ranking. Since I’m the future king of the supernatural world they have already chosen the women, that are most suitable to be my queen, to be trained.

I have been on my own for the past six years. I left the castle to travel, train myself and experience life as I choose. I have four years left before taking up the mantle of king and having to choose a mate.  No one knows who I truly am. I have stayed on as a Trainer at the most prestigious Alpha Academy for the past four years. I am able to meet almost all the future alphas from the largest and strongest packs. I am able to observe them and train them to ensure they uphold our laws and that they deserve their positions as alphas.

I’ve been in the Silver Moon Pack together with Xavier for the past 3 months and have come to the conclusion that the rogues are more interested in this pack as well as the Red Moon Pack than any other pack. They definitely have traitor or traitors among them. I will have to travel to the Red Moon Pack to observe them as well to discover what or who the rogues are truly after.