Chapter 8

IRENE

"AAAAAAAAH!" the scream came out from the Horror House. In the academy, we, students live as if we're living in the outside world. We are celebrating occasions like we used to before we came into this school. There is an annual fair held at the academy every year, to give break for all us who worked hard throughout the first semester. Over the past years, the fair was very successful, there weren't any single reports received. We hope that we'll remain consistent with that.

The field was quickly filled with students, bunch of couples are giggling while they are lining up outside the marriage booth, I rolled my eyes at the sight. "Want to try the marriage booth with me?" I almost jumped as I heard the familiar voice behind me, "Fuck off, Yin." he laughed at my response, "I knew it! you really love me do you? you can even recognize my voice now!" he laughed at his own statement but I shook my head and decided to abandon him there

"Hey! wait for me sugar!" he shouted so loud that I'm sure other students are speculating we're together right now.

"Shut the fuck up Yin and don't fucking call me that!" I shouted angrily at him

"Woah, woah, chill! fine I won't call you that for now but let me just accompany you," ugh! I really can't get rid of him!  "Fine." I turned my back at him and continued walking "Hah! I knew it, you can't resist me!" 

"Hey, why don't we try vikings?" Yin asked me, I shook my head because I tried that damn ride once and I don't like it "Aww, is the mighty Irene scared?" he teased, "Don't you have any friends other than me?" I asked irritated because of Yin's behavior towards me.

"I do," I turned my head to him and raised a brow, he chuckled at it. "But I enjoy it more when I spend my time with you." I rolled my eyes at him, not buying his bullshit. This guy is just straight up annoying but he's not that bad.  He is funny, sometimes, and he also kept his promise not to call me sugar today so maybe I can deal with him today.  

Do not trust anyone. This is the only thing I keep on telling myself so that I can survive the horrible place I'm in. But I'm hanging on a loose thread right now, I just feel secure whenever he's there. I just shrugged.

"Hey, look ice cream!" he screamed happily and was even able to jump up and down from too much excitement. "Okay, so what?" I asked him, "I'm craving for it! let's go!" he grabbed my wrists to pull me but I just stood there, "My treat of course, come on!" he used all his force and dragged me with him. We reached the ice cream stall with his hands on my wrists and I quickly noticed the look on the vendor "Fucking couples everywhere." he shook his head and I quickly removed my wrists from his grasp "Hey! we're not—" 

"Anyway, what's your order?" I was cut off by the vendor and I sighed

"Can I have two of those?" he asked politely, still ecstatic. He gave me the other one we both ate while watching people passed by. But our peace was broken when we heard a scream. It could even pass as a siren. All the people went to check and we didn't waste any time but tried to join as well.

Our jaw dropped as well as the ice cream that we were once holding. We saw another victim and the creepy part of it was that it was found in the Horror House. We were terrified. I mean who wouldn't right? I even lost appetite and couldn't give justice to the ice cream that is now melted off the ground.

Because of the unfortunate event that happened the fair was canceled that left all the students devastated. They we're all asked to stay in their respective rooms until further announcements.