Chapter 13

The most awaited and grandest event finally came. All the students woke up early even if the ball will start in the evening so they could start to prepare themselves for the grand ball event. The girls wore long black dresses while the boys wore black coats.

Klaudius groaned when he saw what time is it. It's already 1 pm and he just woke up. He huffed not wanting to leave his bed. He had no choice but to get ready like everyone else and started to have his breakfast well, techinically lunch. He then went to the table and saw an invitation covered with black lace. His brow immediately shot up when he saw what time the ball will start.

"9:00 pm, huh?" he mumbled to himself

"Hey, good afternoon Klaudius, is there something wrong or updates about the case?" Irene asked on the phone

"There is no update?" He replied shortly

"By the way, you are going to the ball, right? Because I need to tell you something."

"Do I really need to come? That event is boring as hell" he replied, clearly uninterested

"Yes, you should" before he could protest Irene already hanged up

Evening came and the event officially started. All students wore black masks and sat with their circle of friends.

"We made a mistake"

"What?"

"I really thought he is the culprit!" Irene's voice raised due to her irritation. They failed to catch the culprit and the school even decided to push through the ball.

"Maybe we could find the killer in the ball later" he yawned and looked around to observe. It is difficult because all of them wore masks

"Good evening, Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the annual ball of Quinx Leviathan Academy!" the emcee said with enthusiasm. Cheers and applause filled the room. Irene and Klaudius could not even enjoy the ball because they are observing every movement of all the students.

The dance started and all stood up to dance with their respective partners.

"I guess we're partners then" Klaudius grabbed her hand and they began to fit in like the rest. She is surprised by his sudden action but decided to go with the flow.

"This is so boring, can I already leave?" Klaudius asked

"No" Irene sternly replied

"But no one seems suspicious though" he looked around and his eyes landed on a petite girl wearing a black but childish dress for a moment who seem uneasy but ignored it

"I will just get us another drink" but before Irene could stand a loud gun shout filled the room.