Prologue

**PLEASE READ***
This story is going under major editing and all of the chapters are getting redone in this book so if you're confused as to what happened, then you I haven't written up the next chapter. Sorry for any confusion!!

"A-Are you sure?" I stutter as I glance up to Max, seeing him load up a gun, puffing away at the cigarette wedged between his lips.

"For the fiftieth time, yes." He huffs, flicking a hand through his hair, his blue eyes sparkling with a devious demeanour.

"I've never done this sort of thing." I say nervously, honestly not knowing how I'm going to stay sane through this.

"This is the smallest job we've done this year Blondie." He snorts, shaking his head. "And Zayn didn't want some big bloke with tattoos and a leather jacket to distract someone. The shop keeper would smell a rat then." He points out with a nod.

"I-I could get arrested-"

"You won't." He gets out, rolling his eyes. "Besides, what's our little Blondie do better than ask questions?"

"Fine." I murmur out, flicking a hand through my hair as I take in a breath.

He slaps my behind gently making me squeak, rushing into the 24-hour store with my lip bitten. I place my hand into my pockets, gently skimming through the aisles carefully with my eyes pealed at the man behind the counter who was sneakily going on his phone. He had dusty brown hair and a pale face which was nothing but bored and tired.

His purple and yellow work shirt was creased and lazily put on as he sipped out of his soda, occasionally tilting his head to the side at whatever he was looking at on his phone. Apparently he was perfect for the job.

I just looked down, grabbing the first thing I saw on the shelf which so happened to be a packet of crisps - possibly the worst thing to try and explain. I huff, dragging it toward the man at the counter, clearing my throat as he looks up at me.

"Hi, would you like to purchase this?" He asks lazily, his voice was somehow pre-pubescent, sounding as if he was transitioning from boy to man right in front of me.

"Uh, no I actually have some questions." I get out as he looks at me as if I were an idiot, his mouth slightly parted.

"What questions?" He asks me slowly.

"Do these... Do these chips come in different flavours?" I stutter out and all he does is point to the rack where I saw about five other flavours.

"Right." I snap, looking back at the packet.

"So do you want to buy them or not?" He asks lazily.

"Yes." I get out, fumbling through my wallet to hand him the money. "Do you have a smaller note?" He asks me, his voice breaking.

"It's a fifty?" I get out slowly, looking at him as if he were an idiot.

"Well the cash register isn't working properly, I need a smaller note." He gets out.

"Then I'd like to buy a... Lighter." I get out, my lip bitten as I see the closest thing to the register.

"Okay... Which design?" He asks as I look at the selection, gulping to myself. There was one that was black with green marijuana leaves drawn onto it, another with a mere naked woman on a motorcycle and then the other which had some amusing picture of a kitten. I huff to myself, handing him over the one with the smiling feline - a small blush becoming of my cheeks as he looks at me carefully.

"Uh, still not enough." He gets out, clearing his throat.

I just sigh, looking around - grabbing a pack of gum and placing it in front of him.