Chapter 21

Hey everyone, this is a bit of a filler/fluffy chapter I thought I could add before all the action ! I hope you like this and let me know what you think xx 

"Here we are," Max sighs as we enter our motel room we'd be sharing for the next few days. It was quaint; with two double beds, matching side-tables, a bathroom and kitchen. Perhaps this stay wouldn't be dull - especially since I was rooming with Max. There was never a dull moment around Max.

"It's nice." I huff, leaning against the door with my arms crossed.

"It's nothing on them fancy five-star hotels you stay in, is it?" He teases and I roll my eyes, shoving myself next to him on his bed.

"Max, can I ask you something?" I sigh, propping myself up in my elbow as I watch him aimlessly stare at the ceiling.

"What's bothering ya'?" He questions, head cocked to the side.

"D-Do you think that we'll be okay?" I say quietly. "For the fight, that is."

"We're going to get our asses kicked." He snorts, his hand going to his mouth to toy around with his lip ring.

"Do you really think?" I frown.

"There are ten people in the gang, plus you, and Liam." He chuckles to himself. "We're goin' up against twenty-five men."

"B-But we have you, and Zayn, and Louis, and Scarlett." I stutter lightly. "You guys are indestructible sometimes."

"Well, you're lucky you have me - I'll admit that." He sighs longingly, and my eyes roll as per usual. "But Malik and Tomlinson are rat-shit. They're just... Upset."

"I don't blame them." I whisper, looking down. "They're good at acting like it isn't hurting."

"Yet again, all Shark needs to is mention their mother and they'll literally rip him apart." Max counterparts with a small sigh. "There's that factor."

"Shark's smart enough not to tease Zayn like that - he hates it when I talk about his mother, let alone anyone else." I hum, thinking about him.

"Speaking of that... What's going on between you two?" He asks. "You both seem, rather happy with each other."

I couldn't help but smile at the words he chose.

"I'm not sure." I sigh. "But I think we're in a good place."

"... Until the next fight." He snorts. "All you do is fight and have sex. Trust me, I'm good at both of them things, but it must get boring after a while."'

"You need to fall in love Maxxy, I mean; I want you to experience it." I sigh fondly.

"I have experienced love." He says quietly and I raise an eyebrow.

"With who-"

"Don't you dare touch me!" I hear Harry growl and our attention snaps toward the open doorway. Louis and Harry could be seen almost about to attack each other by one of the rooms.

"I was just trying to get to my fucking room, back off." Louis breathes back, eyes dark.

"It's my room. I told you that I want nothing to do with you." Harry grunts, and you could practically see the frustration on the older man's features.

"You can't be mad at me forever-"

"I'm not mad anymore Tomlinson. I'm tired. I'm tired of all this bullshit." Harry growls. "You're letting it all get to your head."

Louis goes quiet and Harry rolls his eyes.

"I don't need this right now." He grunts. "You can fuck off."