Chapter 16

Warning: the next few chapters will contain character deaths. Read as you will. I do hope you like this chapter, let me know what you think ! I'll probably re-write it later considering it feels rushed but I wanted to update quicker x

Waking up the next day, I glanced down seeing that the bed was empty next to me. I was hardly surprised. We slept on two opposite sides of it, and completely brushed off those awkward bumps in the night. I was terribly sore. My entire body was aching.

"Fuck," I wince, trying to sit myself up. My ribs were aching, my throat dry and I had the worst abdominal pain I had ever experienced.

I heard the toilet flush and I glanced up, seeing Zayn exiting the bathroom. He was still in his boxers, looking rather tired. He had a small bruise on his cheekbone, and had a few scratch marks on his waist and shoulders. I gulped.

"Good morning." He gets out, clearing his throat.

"Mm." I murmur, crashing back into the pillows, wiping my eyes.

"Are you okay this morning?" He asks me and I shake my head.

"I'm so sore I can't get up." I whisper, shutting my eyes tightly. He simply snorts.

"I warned you." He gets out, tapping my thigh gently. "There's reasons why I never ever went rough on you."

"Yep. Message received loud and clear." I chuckle gently, glancing up at him.

"Are you sure you're okay though? You have some bruises." He says, softly grazing along my throat and bottom of my jaw.

"Yeah I'll be fine." I whisper out. "You got a couple on marks yourself."

"I saw." He huffs. "I've had so much worse."

"So have I." I hum, sitting myself up.

"Did you wanna' go down and get breakfast? The entire gang is there." He nods, ushering his head toward the door.

"Yeah, I'll meet you there. I need to get dressed." I murmur out, shoving my boxers on.

"Okay. See you then." He huffs, giving me a small smile. I stare at him carefully. The air between us held no angst, nor tension. We really needed last night to let off the steam.

I quickly slip out of his room with my clothes collecting in my hand, thankfully seeing the hallway empty. I got changed, shoved a pair of sunglasses and a hoodie on to cover the marks on my neck before I waddled my way down the stairs to get some coffee into my system.

I was at the point of dreading to see the others. Max told me they all heard everything that went on last night. It was degrading and invasive that everyone knew what we did. Next to the motel we were at, was a small café and I could see everyone scattered about at different tables.

I kept my eyes down as I entered the café, trying to spot my friends before I bumped into anyone else.

"There he is," one of them men chuckle to themselves, smirking as he watches my lowered position. Seeing Scarlett, Harry, Louis and Max at a table in the corner, I practically rushed toward them.

I shoved myself into the seat, regretting it instantly as I felt a pang of pain surge through my backside.

"Good morning." I murmur out, removing my sunglasses, placing them onto the table.

"I'm sure it is a good morning." Max grins widely. "How are you eh? You doin' good?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I murmur, my throat incredibly dry and sore.