Chapter 17

Hope you like this x

"Louis fucking tell us." Scarlett glares at him. He was absolutely frozen, muttering things to himself and I held onto Zayn carefully. He understood what was going on if his undivided attention toward Louis was anything to go by, yet he wasn't his angry self. He seemed simply woozy and affectionate.

"Zayn..." he paces off slowly, and I winced. It was obvious who died. It was killing me to realise what this meant. Louis looked heartbroken, as if the worst thing to ever happen just happened to him, and I somehow felt like it just did. My breathing became unsteady and I seemed to hold onto Zayn tighter. He still hadn't realised.

"W-Who is it?" He asks, squinting his eyes at his best friend who cleared his throat before tensing.

"M-Mum... It's mum. They found her dead at home." He breathes slowly and I felt tears at the brim of my eyes. I shut them, not wanting to see Zayn's reaction in case it broke my heart worse. He loved his mother more than practically everyone in the entire world, so having him lose her, especially like this, would be the most heart-breaking thing to happen to him. We all knew how he grieved the loss of someone else.

"Oh god, h-how?" Scarlett whispers out, and I open my eyes slowly to see Zayn. He was staring at Louis, looking as if he were trying to process the entire thing. His eyes were cascading blood shot and I could practically feel him heat up beneath me.

"Murdered." Louis grits, looking at the phone. "The neighbours found her by the front door shot. It was a hit and run."

"Fuck." Scarlett winces, glancing up at Max who huffs, wrapping his arm around her slowly. "She-She didn't deserve any of that-"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Zayn gets out slowly. I had to push myself away from his embrace to stay safe. His tone was calm. That was never a good thing. "She-She can't just be dead." He whispers shakily.

"Zayn I'm sorry-"

"A-Are you... Are you playing some sort of fucked up joke, Tomlinson?" He chuckles bitterly standing to his feet and I watched Louis cower away which was strange for the tough man he was. But I didn't blame him. He knew that Zayn would take it out on him.

"No I'm not Zayn." He whispers out, heartbroken.

"W-Who the fuck told you?" He growls, holding gripping onto one of the chairs by the dining table.

"A paramedic from the scene." He breathes and I watch Max reach over and tap Harry up slowly, trying not to cause attention to this. He was holding onto Scarlett protectively and I somehow felt the need to slide over to him. It looked to be a safe place.

"Blondie crawl over and wake Harry up. He's too close to them, and Zayn will kill him." He whispers to me and I nod, getting to the ground, drawing attention away from me as I stir Harry in his drunken sleep. There was too much going on for me to concentrate on.

Harry mutters a small 'what' in his slumber. But opens his eyes anyway and glances up at me. I simply usher my head over to Zayn with balled fists, staring at his husband as if he were about to kill him.

"Why did they ring you? W-Why didn't they go to me?" He argues as Harry and I slip toward Max and Scarlett.

"They couldn't reach you and there's cops at the scene." He breathes.

"W-Where was she shot?" Zayn murmurs slowly, and I hadn't seen him weaker before. It was painful to see his lip almost quivering in sadness. His eyes were that familiar black colour and fists kept clenching and unclenching in Louis' presence.