Chapter 9

uneditied cos im lazy!!

What do you call a void in which you're constantly surrounding by reminders of everything shitty in your entire life? This moment in time exactly.

Max had come to his senses, through a large lecture by Louis for being insensitive and selfish. Instead, he was loading up a gun by the door, getting ready for a night out with Scarlett and the others from the gang. He looked exactly like Zayn from the back. The dark hair, the leather jacket and the infamous pistol in his hand – only difference was that instead of 'Malik' proudly written on the back, it simply had 'Di Martino' above the gang sign.

Everyone was rather quiet toward me all day. The breakup seemed to be an excuse for Harry to get wasted and for Scarlett and Liam to offer rather sweet advice for the situation although neither exactly knew what a break up like this felt like.

It wasn't like the first time where I was so engorged with hope that he would return back to me one day, to give me a 'happily ever after' and save me from my boring excuse for a life. This time, there's an unimaginable pain inside my chest which I know is waiting to explode. I really hope it doesn't sink it when I'm around everyone.

I simply pushed the issue aside – trying to concentrate on anything but.

"Have you even called the bloke?" Louis drawls from the couch – since calling Zayn to check up on him – he had been almost obsessed over Max sleeping with James. He hadn't stopped asking about it.

"I'm not going to call him, Tomlinson." Max mutters out, fixing the sleeve of his leather jacket.

"Well why not?" He tatters.

"Because it was a mistake and James is working. I don't want to bother him." He replies, grinning falsely.

"Oh so we're on first name basis, huh?" Louis chuckles earning a sharp glare.

"Can you drop it?" He snaps, the room's opposite atmosphere seems to have turned to the same page where everyone sort of just snapped their eyes up. I slowly rose my own, from my small ball I seemed to be in on the couch. My legs were tucked under in a maternal position and my head was at the level of my shoulder where I bit my lip.

"What crawled up your ass, mate?" Louis chuckles. "You told us like an hour ago that you were sorry for being a little bitch."

"I'm just... not in the mood for anything right now." He sighs, finishing loading his pistol.

"Why are you in a mood, Di Martino?" Harry questions rather lazily from the table, obviously picking up on how he was speaking toward his husband.

"Because I'm going to get shit from everyone when I go out with the gang today." He mutters out. Scarlett sighs.

"Since when do you care if you get shit thrown at you?" She asks him, Liam looking down as if he didn't want to get involved in this.

"Since now, Scarlett. I don't need that." He grumbles, eyes dark.

"You don't need to snappy with her – it was a question. Why are you so defensive about sleeping with Maslow?" Harry chuckles out, a little tipsy burp following the sentence.

"I said I wanted to drop it." Max clarifies, voice raised slightly and I sigh, knowing there would be drama to come. I simply tucked my knees to my chest and rested my head there, getting completely ready to watch this mess play out.

"Drop what? We've all had one night stands before Di Martino-"

"Not like this." He mutters out. "I've ruined everything."