Chapter 25

So many people are yelling at me for making this version so dark... well bad news, this is a pretty /fucking/ angsty chapter and ya'll are gonna' hate it + hbd z :) [unedited]

Zayn's hands grabbed onto my waist and practically threw my body out to Max and the others who were crowding at the back of the carriage. My sights set to the left side of me, finding Liam crawling his way underneath the table to fight the pressure I knew was awaiting us.

My arm was gripped onto by Louis who yanked me toward him whilst Zayn made his way to the back of the carriage although it was too late – it was an explosion.

The nose of the carriage saw its entirety blown to pieces. Each window shattered and the sound of glass piling down from the fractured windows trailed all the way to the back. A downfall of smoke, steel and ashes rained upon the interior revoking a horrendous cough which seemed to spread through all of us.

"Motherfucker..." Max curses from the left side of the huddle. His messy hair was even more disheveled than ever, as he was accompanied by a small cut on the side of his cheek. His eyes went straight to Scarlett who sought refuge right before his feet. She was moving slowly yet seemed to be alright – thank god.

"L-Liam!" She pants as soon as Max helps her to her backside. "Are y'alright?" Her brooding accent worriedly cries.

"Mm." He replies from behind a booth and she sighs, crawling underneath the table toward him.

I gulped, watching her pass Zayn's body – which happened to be the furthest away, closest to the explosion. He was face down, arm sprawled above his head and I seemed to quiver.

"Z-Zayn..." I trail off, ignoring all of the pain in my legs. "Zayn... Teddy, are you okay?"

I prop myself to my knees and slowly yet surely find my way to his form. My eyes were peeled at his back, seeing it rise and fall at a steady tempo. This was reassuring.

"Fuckin' hell." He grunts, propping himself up on his left elbow. He had a small cut by his collarbone, and he definitely looked like he had seen better days – although I didn't care. This only brought out probably an ugly smile full of happiness that he was okay. "That one got to me."

"A-Are you okay?" I stutter, placing my hand on his arm tenderly.

His eyes snap up to meet mine and he curls his lip under.

"Yeah I'm fine." He says simply. "Can you get Lou for me?"

"Of course." It was a strange request considering his position, but right now, I wasn't going to argue.

"Louis." I interrupt his embrace with his husband after I had crawled my way over. "Zayn wants you."

He frowns at Harry, who leans forward and fixes his hair for him.

"I know what this'll be about." He grunts, pulling his gun from his pocket. I simply move aside and watch him stand up and pace toward Zayn who seemed to be slowly helping himself up also.

"Everyone stay here and be quiet." Zayn orders to all of us and I gulp seeing him pull his gun from his pocket. "We'll be back."

"What? Are you kidding?" Max scoffs out, standing himself up. "You're going out without any backup?"

"Tomlinson is watching my back." Zayn explains, glaring deeply at the young biker who scoffs and mutters something beneath his breath. "Sit down Di Martino."

"Some fuck of a person just tried to blow us all up and the only things you've got to say to us is be quiet and stay here?" Max argues, unloading a weapon from his pocket. "Is that what you really see for us? You want us to sit down in the middle of a warzone so you and Tomlinson can go and get some glory points?"