Chapter 6

"Are you ready?" I ask him with a small chuckle as I lean onto the balcony.

"Yes and no." He murmurs out, rubbing up and down his arm. "I mean, I've wanted to marry her for so long, we're a family now b-but everyone is making this wedding so stressful." He gets out.

"T'yeah," I huff to myself, "everyone is all... Over the place."

"I miss Scarlett." He gets out, shuffling his feet around. "This traditional crap is so stupid." He gets out, shaking his head.

"Oh come on, it's just a night." I smile lightly over at him.

"Perhaps so." He huffs, flicking his hair up before he pockets his hands.

"But it's just weird not having her or Jack." He murmurs. "I miss them."

"Oh you'll be a family tomorrow - officially, she's just down there and so is Jack.." I reassure, nudging him as he chuckles lightly to himself, looking toward the larger house where his future lays.

"Did you end up-"

The sliding door opens and we turn around seeing Louis and Max there - an unlikely pair. I just raise an eyebrow over to Max, hinting to before but he winks and turns to Liam.

"Oh hey," Liam smiles lightly.

"Nervous?" Max asks, an eyebrow raised as he closes the door behind them.

"Yes." He mutters out.

"Good." Max grins as he stares back at Louis who was biting down on his lip - obviously contemplating his thoughts deeply.

"So you're getting married tomorrow and all... And then it hit me. You're getting married and you haven't even been high before." Max gets out with a small smile.

"I'm not doing that." Liam gets out, an eyebrow raised.

"You're throwing your life away mate, the least you can do is live a little while it lasts." Max goes on.

"Yeah, Scarlett ain't going to be young and pretty forever mate." Louis snorts out.

"Yeah and the older she gets, the bitchier she gets." Max nods out making Liam just huff out a small smile.

"I'm not throwing my life away, I love her-"

"You are throwing your life away." Louis says jokingly. "I've been married a while mate..." He says, tilting his head to the side.

"Just try it." Max then sighs.

"No, Scarlett will kill me and she'll kill you-"

"Oh she won't, it's your wedding day, she'll be fine with you." Max pushes forward.