Chapter 13. 12K

I look down a bit ashamed. "We met after i moved in with mom and switched schools." Tae only smiles, not letting go if my hand.

"Taehyung can i talk to you," he looks at us, "Outside?" I'm about to let go of his hand, but his grip stays firm, "If you can say it in front of me," He breaths out, "You can say it in front of her."

"Fine," he shrugs, "You can't date a druggie-" "Shes. Is. Not. A druggie!" I can hear the anger in his voice and his dad raises an eyebrow, "Oh really?"

"I'm clean," i speak up, "I swear." His eyes fall on me and he sighs, "Either way," he walks toward the door, "All ex drug abusers relapse. You'll know that soon enough."

He shuts the door behind him before walking out, "What does he mean?" Tae looks at me confused, "Are you-"

"My mom forced drugs on me when i was four years old," my eyes water, "I didn't ask for this." "Why isn't she in jail-"

"Because the system doesn't fight for kids like me," I step away from him, "They threw me in rehab when i was six Tae- while my mother went to jail for prostitution."

"And what about your dad-" I don't let him finish, "He was just another customer of my mom's. She didn't even know his name."

"I'm so sorry." He grabs my waist and pulls me into a tight hug. I wrap my shakey hands around his neck to hug him.

"You don't look like you were ever on drugs," he shrugs, "If that helps at all." Sighing i nod, "Thanks, Tae." He hums and kisses my forehead.

"Tae?" "Yes, Princess?" His voice is smoothe as chocolate. "Can you stay the night?" He pulls back nodding, "Of course, beautiful."

~

He went down to his apartment to grab a few things and he came back with a backpack full of stuff.

I giggle as i go through it curiously as he orders take out. Surprisingly he brought more things than i would've thought, a few outfits, charger, tooth brush, soaps, con-

"Tae," i look up at him, "Why did you pack condoms?" Smirking he covers the phone speaker, "You're right," he shrugs, "It's better without them."

"That is not what i meant." I throw the box at him, but he only chuckles. Closing his bag, i go and put it in the bedroom so it isn't in the way.

When i go back to the living room i see Tae making his way to the couch, "Should we watch Netflix?" He grabs the remote but i sigh, "I don't have netflix."

"That's okay we'll use my dads account." He puts his arm around my shoulder when we sit down and he hooks up the Netflix.

"What should we watch?" I ask looking over all of the options as he scrolls. "Doesn't matter," he shrugs, "It's not like we're going to be watching it."

Smacking his chest i roll my eyes and he chuckles, clicking on a random TV series, "What do you say?" He turns to me and i can feel chills going through my body.

Without saying anything, i lean forward to kiss him. He immediately kisses back, wrapping his arms around my waist.

Deepening the kiss he slowly lays us down on the couch, him hovering over me, never breaking the kiss.

"Jasmine!"

We jump when someone breaks through the door, pointing a gun at us. Tae sits up to push me behind him as i scream.

When i look up i can see them clearly. He has on expensive clothes and looks fairly nice besides his scarred face. He has two different colored eyes, one brown and one blue.

"Where is she?" He stomps through the apartment. "Who?" Tae lets out, still covering me with his own body. Shaking, i wrap my arms around him as the gut walks back into the room.

"Jasmine," He snarls pointing the gun at me, "You!" I jump, unintentionally hiding behind Tae, but he doesn't seem to mind.

"Where's Jasmine?" He steps towards us, and Tae sits up straighter. "She left," I take a deep breath and look at him, "She's not here anymore."

"Well someone has to give me my money," He snarls, "I don't care what i have to do to get it-" "How much?" Tae speaks with a steady and clear voice, but i can tell by his heart beat that he's scared.

"Twelve K," The man nods, "If i don't have it by October first," he chuckles, "Ill have someone's head on my wall. Ill be watching you two, and don't even think about going to the police! I have connections." With that he walks out, leaving us stunned.

"Twelve thousand," i gasp, "Tae how am i going to come up with that much money in three weeks??" Tears build in my eyes and he turns around to cup my face, "Hey," he sighs, "You're not going to pay him-"

"He'll kill me," i cry, "Tae I've delt with these kind of people before. They don't mess around!" "Princess i know," He wipes my tears, "But this isn't your burden. We can tell my dad-"

"Tae he'll take me from my mom- i can't go back to foster care!" "Why not," he let's out a deep sigh, "She left you! And right now its the best thing for you!"

I can't say anything, i only look away from him, his words hurting me. "Winter," his voice sounds sweeter than before, "She's not coming back."

I know he's right.

But why don't i want to admit it?