Chapter 22. Secrets.

"Where are we going?" I giggle as Tae drives through town, "You'll see." He keeps his eyes on the road but holds my hand.

"You keep saying that," i laugh rolling my eyes, "Can you at least give me a hint?" I can see him squint his eyes as he hums.

"No." "What?" I groan and he chuckles, "We're almost there anyways." When i look back at the road i see that we're not in town anymore.

~

Soon he parks in an empty parking lot out by the forest and smiles. "Is this the part where you murder me?" I sigh and he chuckles, "Yeah of course," he gets out, "What else would we being doing out here?"

Rolling my eyes i get out after him. He goes to the trunk and pulls out two backpacks, "Okay lets go." "Where??" I laugh following him onto a lit path into the woods.

"We're almost there," He chuckles, "Be patient, princess." Again i groan, grabbing onto his hand as we walk further and further into the woods.

Soon the car disappears from our sight and i can see lights in the distance. I squint but i can't quiet see it until we get closer.

I can't help gasping at the beautiful sight-

"You're joking!" I push him harder than intended before covering my mouth in shock

"You're joking!" I push him harder than intended before covering my mouth in shock. He only chuckles and sets our bags down.

"How did you-" "Liam and Nora set it up while we were at Therapy this morning," He chuckles, "Then ran back home to set the party up."

"Oh my god," I flop on the bed, "What- Why- How?" I can't help feeling giddy at the whole set up, the lights, blankets, stars-

Tae only chuckles before laying beside me, "Did i mention i brought things for smores?" He reaches for one of the backpacks and my eyes widen.

~

We sit criss crossed on the bed telling each other the scariest stories, challenging each other-

Who ever cracks first wins!

I do my best to come up with some scary tales, but as hard as i try Tae never cracks!

A few times though, we'll hear a twig break, or a wolf howl that makes both of us on edge, but we proceed with the stories stubbornly.

Shoving a small marshmallow in my mouth i laugh, "We're never gonna win this," I cover my mouth as i chew, "Are we?"

"Maybe," he shrugs eating a piece of chocolate, "Maybe not. It all depends on when you give in." "Oh," i huff, "And what happens when you cave?"

"I won't though, princess." He chuckles and i roll my eyes, "But seriously," I look back at him, "What do we get if we win?"

He looks at the floor chewing on his chocolate as he thinks. I eye him curiously and he smirks. "What's going on in your head?"

I can't help giggle at him, but he looks up at me with a serious face, "If we lose we have to tell the other person a secret," He smirks, "Something they've never told anyone before."

I think about it for a while, trying to find a secret about myself. "I don't know if i have one," I confess, "But that's okay im winning anyways."

He sticks his tongue out at me and i giggle, "So childish!" "Okay whatever," He throws a marshmallow at me, "It's your turn to tell a story."

"Okay!" I sit up straight, closing my eyes tight to think about something, making him chuckle.

I smirk and open my eyes, "Got it!" "Fire." He chuckles as i scoot closer to him.

"One day Samantha was at home-"

"Who's Samantha?" He laugh and i smack his leg, "Shut up and let me finish the story!" Again he chuckles, finishing his smore and wiping his hands clean.

"One day Samantha was home alone. Her father was on a business trip and her mother was at work.

She knew not to wait up since her mom didn't get off of work until seven which means she would be home around seven-thirty to eight.

So she made herself some dinner and headed up stairs to her room.

A few hours later, she heard her moms voice from down stairs calling her-

Which alarmed her because at this time it is only about six o'clock.

"Maybe she's home early." she shrugs and heads into the hall, only to run into her mom-

Who is standing in her own bedroom doorway across the hall in pj's-

"Did you hear it too?" She called out in fear.

Samantha only nodded, freaking out at the idea that there is an intruder down stairs.

Her phone vibrates and she looks down at it and sees its a message from her mom-

"Sorry hun," she reads, "I'm going to be home later than i thought. Things are busy here. Don't wait up. I love you goodnight."

I look up at Tae who seems just as creeped out as i am. A wave of chills run over me and goosebumps pop up over my arms.

"Okay okay," he chuckles, "That was a pretty scary one." "Pretty scary?" I huff, "That was fucking creepy!" I can't help laughing, still rubbing my arms to calm the goosebumps.

"I'll give you props for it i guess," He chuckles, "And i kind of don't want to hear anymore right now-" "Ha!" I cry out, "You caved! I win!"

"I did not cave-" "You're scared!" I cut him off again, bathing in my victory. "It's just that i know that you're scared," he bats his eyes, "And i don't want-" "Whatever liar," I laugh, "Either way you lost and i won."

He rolls his eyes laughing at me, "I guess i technically did, huh?" "Yep!" I add emphasis on the 'p' sound just to tease him and he chuckles once more.

"You owe me a secret," I tease more, "Something you've never told anybody." He looks at me wearing a serious face with the slightest hint of a smile.

"I love you."

My heart stops with the three words and i feel like everything stops. An overwhelming burst of emotions flows through me and my eyes water.

"It's not really a secret," he laughs nervously, "But it is something I've never told anyone before." I smile at his words nodding.

"I love you, too."

"Then kiss me like you mean it." His smile widens before he pulls me closer to him, connecting our lips in a deep and passionate kiss, sending me soaring.

I kiss him back without hesitation, holding him closer and closer to me until my arms ache, but thankfully his go around my waist taking over the job.

Best.

Birthday.

Ever!