Chapter 1

Len Kagamine yawned, his blue eyes heavy-lidded with sleep as he reached over to the table. His phone was ringing. Ugh.

''It's four. In the morning,'' he mumbled, running his fingers through his rumpled hair as he looked at his phone screen. Who in their right mind would call someone at four in the morning?

To be honest, he had a pretty damn good idea who. ''Hello?''

''Where are you, and who are you with?'' she demanded, not bothering with pleasantries. He grinned. Ah, Meiko. Passionate, determined Meiko. He liked her.

''In a bed,'' he evaded her question. ''Sleeping. Why, love? Do you miss me?''

''You know I do,'' Meiko murmured, and he grinned. He wound long pink hair around his finger as Luka Megurine slept peacefully next to him. ''I want to see you, Len.''

''So see me you shall,'' he yawned again. ''Maybe tomorrow? I have school.''

''Tomorrow,'' Meiko purred, and with that the line went dead. Len threw his phone aside, smirking. Next to him, Luka stirred, and he glanced at her. She didn't wake.

He slid off the bed, tugging a pair of pants on, then gazed out of the window at the city. Women. They all said 'I love you' to him, in a bid to get him to stay with them.

They would never get those words out from him, though. Never in return. ''Even if they have the key to my heart, they'd never be able to navigate it,'' he murmured, placing his hand against the cool glass.

What is love? Even now, he didn't know. It was supposed to be good for him, right? But if it hurt so bad, he guessed he would be better off without it.

''...I have school later,'' he remembered, walking away from the window. Quietly, he slipped out of the bedroom, careful not to make a sound, and not once did he turn around to look at Luka. He'd see her later, anyway.

I don't want to go to school today. Being eighteen, he could think of so many other things he'd rather do. Like catch up on lost sleep.

After school he still had that appointment with Teto. He wanted to sigh. How much more could he take?

It wasn't like he was out to make women want him. He was just...using them to forget. What he wanted was a one-night stand, and he never gave any illusion of offering more. Or wanting more. The women knew, and they accepted it.

If they got their hearts broken, it wasn't his fault. Len couldn't bring himself to feel bad about it - it wasn't like he had never warned them about himself.

They wanted a one-night stand too, which was why they seeked him, Len Kagamine, out. If they were looking for pleasure, for fun, he provided them with it. And he used them to forget everything else, even if only for a brief period of time.

Taking his shirt off the couch, he slipped out of Luka's house into the night. He had to get ready for school, whether he wanted it or not.

Though admittedly he hated going home. He hated having to face his twin, Rin Kagamine. At the thought of her name, he shook his head, determined to stop thinking of her.

She's my sister. I can't think of her in that way. Besides, Kaito's her boyfriend.

His life sucked. Half-heartedly, his lips tilted up into a smile.

Maybe there would be something to amuse him later, in school. Anything would be better than having to go home and face his beloved sister.

His sister who had no idea of his feelings for her, who just killed him inside each time he saw her together with Kaito Shion.

''Get out of my head, Rin.''