Chapter 14

''I-I didn't say anything, Len,'' Miku stammered, heart beating erratically. Had she said anything wrong? She just didn't want him to leave - was he going to take it that hard?

His blue eyes looked slightly glazed over, from some emotion she couldn't identify. ''Really, Miku,'' he murmured, his voice as silken as ever. ''Don't you want me to stay?''

''Yes, but...'' she hesitated. Why did she somehow get the feeling that she was agreeing to something? He smiled at her, and the smile made him look seductive, mysterious. Alluring, even - like he knew things he shouldn't know.

He approached her, and she found she was frozen, unable to move. What was this effect he had on her? Her breath caught as he leant over her, his face lowering to her level. That spicy, cinnamon-scented breath washed over her face, and her eyes closed as she inhaled.

''I don't care that you're Gakupo's girlfriend, Miku,'' he whispered harshly. ''You're in my house. In my room. On my bed. And he isn't around to see what I can do to you.''

''What are you going to...do?'' Miku drew back, away from Len. She had never seen him behave this way before, and it unnerved her.

At the same time, though, she couldn't deny that she found his behaviour strangely thrilling. Her hand knocked her math worksheets to the floor, and they fluttered down like leaves during autumn, forgotten. Len's eyelids lowered.

''I'm going to make you scream for me. I'm going to make you beg for me.'' His hand reached out, cupping her cheek, his long, slender fingers stroking her skin. ''And I'm going to make you never want to leave my side.''

With that, his lips crushed hers, and again she kissed him, suddenly forgetting all her inhibitions. His spice was addictive, the taste unforgettable, and he made her want to forget. Forget every single bad thing that had ever happened to her before.

She's never have thought that she'd ever be anything more than a mere friend to Len Kagamine, and now she wondered...how far did he want to take things?

How far would she be willing to allow him to go? She wondered, too, unsure of herself.

He pulled away, his fingers tugging at her shirt buttons, and she paused, uncertain. Eventually, she relaxed, and he smirked, his fingers pushing each button through its hole. ''Don't worry,'' he murmured against her ear, ''I won't do anything unless you want me to.''

Len slid her shirt off, and she resisted the urge to cover herself up. She had never let someone...see her this way before, not even her brother. This was a first, and she was nervous - what did Len think of her?

He studied her, eyes unreadable, then he dipped his head, his tongue running from collarbone to her bare shoulder. Miku cried out at the warmth, her fingers clenching the bedsheets.

His eyes flicked up to meet hers, and he looked hungry. ''More,'' he rasped. ''I want more.''

Miku bit her lip. Still more? She didn't know - and why should she, anyway? She didn't want to be a second option. Why should she risk giving him everything and end up receiving nothing in return?

But still, like the pathetically helpless girl she was, she wanted to please him, in the slight chance that he might like her in return. She would work for the scraps of affection he threw her way, just banking on that small chance.

She felt like she was betraying herself, for some reason, but she was used to making stupid choices anyway. Len saw her hesitate, and those mesmerising cerulean eyes softened, becoming liquid pools of tenderness.

''I won't do anything you don't want me to,'' he repeated softly. ''I'd rather please you than force you to do what I desire, Miku. But...'' his voice trailed off.

Len didn't want to finish his sentence. This was the first time he wanted someone so much, of his own accord. Usually women wanted him, and he would please them how they liked it. He didn't care what he wanted - he never wanted anything from them.

To him, all those women were simply vessels used to forget. But Miku...Miku was different.

If she refused him, Len didn't know what he might do. He wasn't above doing anything to get what he wanted. Betraying his morals and body was nothing to him. But forcing her...would that change her opinion of him?

He refused to dwell on the matter, and his hands drifted to the zipper of her skirt. She fidgeted, obviously uncomfortable, but she let him unzip her skirt, and he threw it aside, onto the floor.

And he wanted still more. Miku looked at him, her large green eyes filled with uncertainty, and he caressed her cheek. ''Miku?''

''Len,'' she whispered, her hand pressing against his, holding his hand against her cheek. ''I've always liked you, did you know that?''

He froze, eyes searching hers. They held no hint of guile, and she looked at him with what seemed to be genuine affection. He swallowed. Women. They always told him they loved him in a bid to get him to stay with them, but he had never stayed.

It was so predictable, it made him laugh. But Miku had never wanted him that way - even now, she didn't seem to lust for him.

What was she trying to do to him? Len didn't know how to think now.

If she repeated those words to him again, would he finally stay? He didn't know, but...he thought he might. He just might. Not because of thewords, but because she was the one who had said those words to him.

He refused to dwell on those words, and swiftly, expertly, he removed the rest of her clothing, with no resistance from her. And then she was naked, on his bed.

The sight made him want her so bad, really want her, not the way he had toyed with countless women before. ''Miku,'' he sighed, not sure what emotion he heard in his own voice.

She blinked up at him as he straddled her, trapped beneath him. ''What are you going to do to me?'' she asked, her voice catching.

Did he want to hurt her? The way he had hurt so many others? No. Did he want to have a steady relationship with her and forget Rin? No. He didn't know how to get what he wanted without hurting her, which...he couldn't allow to happen.

If she gets hurt, I'm going to feel guilty.

Strange. I'm lusting after her so bad, yet I still think of how she'd feel. Whether or not she wants this, whether or not she'd like it. Why? Why is she suddenly a priority? Even over my own feelings, my own obsession?

''Do you want this? Do you know what I want to do to you, Miku?'' he finally asked.

''Yes. I know what you're going to do.'' Her voice trembled, and he looked down at her, his eyelashes casting faint shadows over his cheeks. Miku realised she did want him then, even if it risked her getting her heart broken.

''Do you want it?'' he repeated insistently, still straddling her waist. She swallowed, and slowly, she nodded. Len's eyes brightened.

''You won't regret it, I promise.''